Process for creating a Pre-Release build hosted on maven central

Jérémie Bresson

Dec 9, 2018, 11:28:48 PM12/9/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile

Short version:

Is it allowed for the MP-OpenAPI project to create a Pre-Release version that will tagged and be hosted on Maven Central?

And what would be the process to do so?

Feeback is welcomed in following GitHub issue:

https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-open-api/issues/306

Longer version:

In MP-OpenAPI we are about to release Version 1.1 (see https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-open-api/issues/296) planned for mid-december and planned to be integrated in MP 2.2. This is the normal evolution for the project.

In parallel, we are also working on version 2.0 of MP-OpenAPI that contains breaking changes compared to the 1.1 version (tracked in https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-open-api/issues/251)

Those are requested for the use-cases I am working on.

While the work on the 2.0 is not finished at all, it contains a minimal set of changes that are requested by the main use-case I am working on: being able to wrapped other OpenAPI implementations (like swagger-core or KaiZen) into the MP-OpenAPI interfaces. This is why I would like to perform a first “Milestone” or “Pre-Release” of the 2.0 branch.

See the proposal:

https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-open-api/issues/306

As I understood, this is an unusual use-case for the MP project in general. This is why I have started this conversation.

I am ready to accept if publishing a “Milestone” or “Pre-Release” version is not possible (i.e. not in the scope of the MP project).

Thank you in advance for your feedback / help.

James Roper

Dec 9, 2018, 11:45:32 PM12/9/18
to MicroProfile
On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 at 15:28, Jérémie Bresson <jeremie...@unblu.com> wrote:

Short version:

Is it allowed for the MP-OpenAPI project to create a Pre-Release version that will tagged and be hosted on Maven Central?

And what would be the process to do so?

One thing though, you'll need access to the io.microprofile groupid in the Sonatype OSS Nexus repository, to promote the release, or request someone that already has access to do it. Access can be granted by raising an issue on the OSS repository hosting project for Maven Central, for example:

[...]

Architect, Office of the CTO, Lightbend, Inc.
@jroper