Re: [Marketing] MP Blog is now live

Amelia Eiras

Aug 1, 2017, 5:10:24 PM8/1/17
to MicroProfile Marketing, MicroProfile, Thiago Veronezi, Ryan St. James
MP Mktg team,

The wonderful blog update message below is not currently posted on the gForum because microprofil...@googlegroups.com has yet to join gForum group.

Again, only MP gForum members are allowed to post.

Please join forum & repost as a group or individual.

Cheers,

On Aug 1, 2017, at 8:08 AM, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing <microprofil...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

The MicroProfile blog page is now live and updated with posts going back to May 2016. Thank you very much Thiago and Ryan for this awesome job.
Here's some useful links on how to post:
If you're planning to create a post, please send this group a quick note with the following:
  • Title
  • Author name & Twitter handle
  • Tentative publish date
  • Source (directly on the MP site or another site)
A minimum two weeks notice would be great, but any notice is better than no notice. We'll make sure we get some attention for the post.

Thanks everyone,

MicroProfile Marketing Team

Message has been deleted

Kevin Sutter

Aug 10, 2017, 10:21:22 AM8/10/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, microprofil...@googlegroups.com
What about linking to other external blogs?  For example, I wrote this blog about our MP 1.1 and Logo announcements, but it's housed on our WASDev site.  I don't want to reformat it and repost it on our blog site.  Is there a way to quickly provide a link to other external blogs and articles?

https://developer.ibm.com/wasdev/blog/2017/08/09/microprofile-1-1-announced/

Thanks!
Kevin

On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 4:10:24 PM UTC-5, Amelia Eiras wrote:
MP Mktg team,

The wonderful blog update message below is not currently posted on the gForum because microprofile-marketing@googlegroups.com has yet to join gForum group.

Ondro Mihályi

Aug 11, 2017, 4:25:53 AM8/11/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile, microprofil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

Adding an external link should be as easy as to add a link and a little information like date and extract into this YAML file; https://github.com/microprofile/microprofile-blog/blob/master/config.yaml
In fact, most of the posts there are links to external posts and only a few are hosted by microprofile.io.

I assembled a list of some older articles some time ago: https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile/blob/master/Resources/articles.adoc
I want to add them to the YAML file, but haven't had time yet. If anybody helps me with that I'd welcome it ;-)

--Ondro

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 3:21:22 PM UTC+1, Kevin Sutter wrote:
What about linking to other external blogs?  For example, I wrote this blog about our MP 1.1 and Logo announcements, but it's housed on our WASDev site.  I don't want to reformat it and repost it on our blog site.  Is there a way to quickly provide a link to other external blogs and articles?

https://developer.ibm.com/wasdev/blog/2017/08/09/microprofile-1-1-announced/

Thanks!
Kevin

On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 4:10:24 PM UTC-5, Amelia Eiras wrote:
MP Mktg team,

The wonderful blog update message below is not currently posted on the gForum because microprofil...@googlegroups.com has yet to join gForum group.

Ondro Mihályi

Sep 14, 2017, 11:46:58 AM9/14/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

Please review and merge (I don't have write access to the blog repository)

There's yet another PR with an internal blog post which I believe hasn't been published and it's almost a month old - please review it too and merge if relevant.

--Ondro