MicroProfile Content Contribution Status and Follow up NEEDED!

Amelia Eiras

Dec 3, 2018, 6:56:05 PM12/3/18
to MicroProfile, MicroProfile
MicroProfilers,

As we start December, we want to thank each one of you who took the time to submit your videos & blogs to MP.io blog.

Via your actions and the current delay on Editors/Admins' review and follow up on your submissions, I have taken the liberty to add ONE extra step to the guidelines to enable YOU, the Contributor, to re-focus the volunteers' awareness of your submissions as soon as content is submitted. I apologize myself for not dedicating time to help with this past month. Our flexible iteration should help each one of us involved navigate the new site & how we collaborate via WordPress easier as we discover what works and what doesn’t.

Adjustments on git below:
Case 1, 7 item: Write a short email notifying the MP forum to to microp...@googlegroups.com AND cc'd microprofil...@googlegroups.com about your video or blog contribution.
Case 2, 9 item: Write a short email notifying the MP forum to to microp...@googlegroups.com AND cc'd microprofil...@googlegroups.com about your video or blog contribution.

Update on the 7 blogs that were pending today below.

For the MicroProfilers, who are Admins &/or Editors on WP, who are not Tribers, please revise the content review I just completed on the 7 pending blogs and trigger the posting or adjustments on blogs status to match the current expectations on Content Posting as stated on the Git. Thank YOU!

——

Accepted:

Rejected:

  • Hacker news  thank you for your submission blog via hackernews.blog.  At this time, the blog is rejected.
Explanation as follows, content doesn't follow the Criteria for Approving MP blog post as stated on last section on “How to Contribute” via the git documentation

Explanation as follows, reason for posting doesn't follow the Criteria for Approving MP blog post as stated on last section on “How to Contribute” via the git documentation

Amelia Eiras

Dec 10, 2018, 4:01:54 PM12/10/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
In addition to the 3 blogs approved below yet not posted yet, as it needs a 2nd admin or editor to complete the publishing task. We have received 7 new posts since I sent the lastest update.

Thank you, Cesar and Hayri for your content submissions, they are heavily technical, just great. :)

10 blogs not posted. Wondering if we have equipped the 6 Editors listed below to know when to help with pushing content?
Your feedback is needed, (you 5).

Sadly google groups no longer let us cc'd individuals in the threads. Therefore,  I will try adding you to the thread as "assigned" to enable awareness.

Thanks everyone,

On Monday, December 3, 2018 at 3:56:05 PM UTC-8, Amelia Eiras wrote:
MicroProfilers,

As we start December, we want to thank each one of you who took the time to submit your videos & blogs to MP.io blog.

Via your actions and the current delay on Editors/Admins' review and follow up on your submissions, I have taken the liberty to add ONE extra step to the guidelines to enable YOU, the Contributor, to re-focus the volunteers' awareness of your submissions as soon as content is submitted. I apologize myself for not dedicating time to help with this past month. Our flexible iteration should help each one of us involved navigate the new site & how we collaborate via WordPress easier as we discover what works and what doesn’t.

Adjustments on git below:
Case 1, 7 item: Write a short email notifying the MP forum to to microprofile@googlegroups.com AND cc'd microprofile-marketing@googlegroups.com about your video or blog contribution.
Case 2, 9 item: Write a short email notifying the MP forum to to microprofile@googlegroups.com AND cc'd microprofile-marketing@googlegroups.com about your video or blog contribution.

Amelia Eiras

Dec 11, 2018, 5:48:03 PM12/11/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Emily,

While Rodrigo re-works adding the PR with the newest addition to the Blog process, can you please delegate the 10 blogs to the respective teams?

You are an editor in Word_press and can see exactly the technical blogs that need processing. 10 total!

Thank you in advance for being a part of today's fun call. :)

Emily Jiang

Amelia Eiras

Dec 12, 2018, 1:17:03 PM12/12/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
You are wonderful Emily, thank you!

 Please, let's do both, own whatever you have the bandwidth for and DO delegate using the git structured we chatted this month that is going to be added to the content review process for MP technical blogs.

Avoid owning the 7 reviews on your own, help yourself & us scale.  :)

Emily Jiang

Dec 12, 2018, 4:59:59 PM12/12/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Amelia,

I managed to review and publish one blog. I am a bit confused on the process after trying it out myself. If we raise an issue on the relevant repo, such as this one, I don't think people have the access right to view the content. He/She needs to be contributor at least, right? Please let me know if I have got this wrong. By the way, I don't see the approval button when I logged into the wp site. I can publish content but I cannot find the approve button though.

Please shed some lights on this.
Thanks
Emily

Emily Jiang

Dec 12, 2018, 5:05:36 PM12/12/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Plus... I won't be available to do anything else until next week. I don't want to hold this up. Please any other admins to take on the remaining 5 entries excluding the one "Documenting REST API using MicroProfile OpenAPI, Swagger UI and Payara Micro" as I have opened a PR. If no one volunteers, Amelia, can you go ahead to create PRs on https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile?

Thanks
Emily

Amelia Eiras

Dec 12, 2018, 5:34:35 PM12/12/18
to Emily Jiang, MicroProfile Marketing, MicroProfile
ITERATION PROCESS- work in process!

——

Emily,

Thank you for the follow up directly via forum, you are just awesome!
you reviewed and posted 1 blog, 6 to go. not for you to own, thanks for being up-front and direct about it. :)

All MicroProfilers,

Filer users list

Only Editors, currently 9, can  review & approve and push content Emily. If via git we ask them to review a blog, they need to either chose to become Editors themselves to push those blogs directly after review or send a follow up via forum or the git to make sure that it arrives to the 9 editors.

For the 7 blogs in review, I already did the 1st round, they are OK for technical review and direct posting as it is the 2nd step. Mimizing steps is ideal and reason why we will start using Git directly done upon adding content to MP.io. The process is not clear yet b/c we need to add that new data, decided just yesterday during the MP Community hangout, task owned by Rodrigo.

There are Admins 10 [admins only control the INFRA structure of website,  nothing more. They are not be confused with internal process of  review & publishing content]

The data is listed below who can review and push blogs listed below and tracked via the drive: