Discussion on spec issues

Emily Jiang

Aug 18, 2017, 6:56:22 AM8/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I saw Scott opened quite a few threads to discuss JWT or Health related issues. I am wondering whether we should create a JWT thread and keep using that to discuss all JWT related issues. In this way, all issues are aggregated together and give a big picture instead of all issues scattering around. Thoughts?

Emily

sst...@redhat.com

Aug 18, 2017, 10:54:25 AM8/18/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
That is fine for a push to 1.0 release thread, but in general such a monolithic thread gets to be ungrokable at some point.

Heiko Rupp

Aug 21, 2017, 2:11:46 AM8/21/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I am not convinced that discussing things that would normally go into a GH tracker should be discussed here.
I think this group already has enough content to follow.

Heiko Braun

Aug 21, 2017, 6:11:56 AM8/21/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
I agree with my alter ego and would prefer to use github issues for all things project (spec) related. Keep the mailing list for announcements and general discussions and move discussion about technical matters (API design, spec, etc)  into github issues so they are close to the source code and examples. This way all discussion will naturally ne scope to the spec they belong to and github also allows each contributor to decide what to follow or not.

Emily Jiang

Aug 22, 2017, 4:44:44 AM8/22/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
+1. The other suggestion is to use getter as demonstrated by Heiko Rupp but this is only for general discussion. Once an issue was logged in the repo, it is better to discuss on the issue in the repo.

Emily