[MARKETING] Calling for volunteer bloggers for MicroProfile.io blog site

csaa...@redhat.com

Jun 21, 2017, 3:02:49 PM6/21/17
to MicroProfile

June 21, 2017

Hello Eclipse MicroProfile community members,

The blogging capabilities of our MicroProfile.io site are being worked on and soon we will have the option to start posting blog entries.  In the spirit of community and collaboration and in an effort to increase awareness, I’m reaching out to you to ask for blog post ideas and volunteers that would like to author blog entries for the MicroProfile.io blog site.

Your blog entries would be cross-posted to DZone, amplified via our Twitter handle MicroProfileIO, and could also be posted on member companies’ LinkedIn/Twitter accounts (and we will kindly ask you to also use your personal Twitter and LinkedIn accounts to amplify as well - thanks in advance).

Here are some ideas for blog posts:

1. “SmartBear joins Eclipse MicroProfile” - this blog entry would discuss the importance of APIs in a micro service architecture and how OpenAPI, the market de-facto standard for RESTful services description languages, plays an integral role in exposing/securing/controlling/managing APIs, whose implementations would be Eclipse-MicroProfile-based micro services.

2. “What is Eclipse MicroProfile Config sub-project and why is it needed?” - this blog entry could discuss the challenge of environment configuration management in software and how it’s been historically done.  It can then talk about the need for config management in micro services architecture, discuss the approach we took to work on the spec. It could conclude by saying that this will be available at the end of this month when Eclipse MicroProfile Config 1.1 comes out. (I’m thinking Emily Jiang may be the best person to write this blog post)

3. “Enterprise Java or JEE specification?” - There’s a misconception that Eclipse MicroProfile is just JEE and the content of this blog post can put this to rest by highlighting the differences between these two terms and by explaining how Eclipse MicroProfile is all about Enterprise Java micro services. Although it is possible to develop a micro service using JEE APIs, the idea here would be to provide the reasons why the Eclipse MicroProfile specification is responding to a real need in the market. In addition, it could go over why nowadays an open source project approach is better to fulfill the speed of change demanded by the Digital Economy.

4. “Etc., etc.”

Any and all blog entry topics/ideas are welcome.

If you're interested, please enter your ideas for blog posts with a short abstract and also indicate if you’d like to author it at the following location (Google Sheet):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l_ZTFPA_a4sODojGKNAzWk6l75jfZ1B7xMFBm-5euEY/edit?usp=sharing

We can use the Google Sheet to track the progress of your blog posts.

Lastly, I'd love to hear your feedback about this idea.

Thank you in advance for your proposals,

Cesar Saavedra

csaa...@redhat.com

(407) 492-9801

Emily Jiang

Jun 22, 2017, 6:46:18 AM6/22/17
to MicroProfile
+1. Good ideas, Cesar! Since you nominated me:o, I will blog about MicroProfile config in due course.

Emily

John Clingan

Jun 27, 2017, 2:18:00 PM6/27/17
to MicroProfile
I'll blog.

Mike Croft

Jun 27, 2017, 2:23:38 PM6/27/17
to MicroProfile
Count me in!

Mark Little

Jun 27, 2017, 3:44:48 PM6/27/17
to John Clingan, MicroProfile
Count me in too.

Sent from my iPad

Martijn Verburg

Jun 30, 2017, 11:06:25 AM6/30/17
to Mark Little, John Clingan, MicroProfile
I'll be intermittent, but count me in as well.

Cheers,
Martijn

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/microprofile/e913a8fa-9940-44a7-affa-f64b5681e9f7%40googlegroups.com.