Sign off is not required of committers when committing to github

John D. Ament

Aug 28, 2017, 3:22:35 AM8/28/17
to Eclipse MicroProfile
All

Just as a heads up, I had noted an issue the other day where I had accidentally signed off on a commit using my apache.org email instead of my gmail address.  Turns out that if we are committing to github, we don't actually have to sign off on our commits (assuming you are a committer on the project).  Eclipse is just checking the github id vs what they have on file.

I don't think it changes anything drastically, but may help those like me who were kicking themselves for not signing off on a commit before pushing.

John