Name for project generator on start.microprofile.io

Rudy De Busscher

Jul 9, 2018, 2:19:22 PM7/9/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi,

I have updated the support for MicroProfile within Jessie. You can now select version 1.3 as a target. See (1) and (2)

If we want to integrate this into the start.microprofile.io site (as some have suggested here), we need to have some name for the app. Jessie refers to Java EE/Jakarta EE as it is an Acronym (Java EE Starter)

I can create a new version of the program (well, remove a page and an option, so very easy and fast) where I remove all the references to Java EE, so that it becomes better suited for start.microprofile.io

So let's hear your ideas about the name (like Spring initializr, KumuluzEE generator, ...) or remarks about the integration.

Best regards
Rudy

Daniel Dias Dos Santos

Jul 9, 2018, 2:32:04 PM7/9/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rudy,

that too, it will be very interesting to have this integration on the MicroProfile website.

some suggestions:

- MicroProfile Startup
- MicroProfile Start
- Micro Profile Boot

--
Daniel Dias dos Santos
Java Developer

Ondro Mihályi

Jul 9, 2018, 4:27:14 PM7/9/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi Rudy,

I like MicroProfile Starter.

It would be awesome to have it online!

--Ondro

Emily Jiang

Jul 9, 2018, 5:13:56 PM7/9/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
+1 MicroProfile Starter!

This also matches the url.

>I can create a new version of the program (well, remove a page and an option, so very easy and fast) where I remove all the references to Java EE, so that it becomes better suited for start.microprofile.io

+1

Thank you Rudy for this tool! It is awesome!

Emily

Edwin Derks

Jul 9, 2018, 5:16:44 PM7/9/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
+1 for MicroProfile Starter :)

Daniel Dias Dos Santos

Jul 9, 2018, 5:17:44 PM7/9/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
+ 1 for   MicroProfile Starter  :  )

--
Daniel Dias dos Santos
Java Developer
SouJava & JCP Member
Linkedin: http://br.linkedin.com/in/danieldiassantos

Reza Rahman

Jul 10, 2018, 6:47:18 PM7/10/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
I think Java EE Starter is fine.

Rudy De Busscher

Jul 11, 2018, 3:18:44 AM7/11/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Seems that MicroProfile Starter is the most popular name.

I'll create the version and put is online for review.

Thanks for the feedback
Rudy