MicroProfile Rest Client 1.1 Release

Andy McCright

May 24, 2018, 6:43:45 PM5/24/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi All,

We've just released MicroProfile Rest Client 1.1.  The API is available now in the Maven Repo - you can include it in pom files with:
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.eclipse.microprofile.rest.client</groupId>
    <artifactId>microprofile-rest-client-api</artifactId>
    <version>1.1</version>
</dependency>

The release on GitHub is at:

The highlights of this release include:
  • Asynchronous Methods via the CompletionStage interface
  • RestClientBuilderListener - allowing third-party components to plug in and register providers, update config properties, etc. prior to the creation of new client instances. This enables other MicroProfile technologies, like Open Tracing to automatically add their client request/response filters to MP Rest Clients.
  • Supports java.net.URI in addition to java.net.URL.
  • @RegisterRestClient is now a bean-defining annotation - no longer need to add @Dependentannotation to the client interface.

Payara wrote the first implementation to successfully pass the TCK.  Congrats Ondro and team!!

I am planning to implement this in Apache CXF for inclusion into OpenLiberty and other app servers.

Thanks to everybody who contributed to this release!!

Andy

John Clingan

May 29, 2018, 12:39:05 PM5/29/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Congrats!  Any new dependencies? Is a CQ required?

Thanks.

Andy McCright

Jun 5, 2018, 12:38:00 PM6/5/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile