Feedback requested: Feature prioritization for next version of MP Rest Client

Andy McCright

Jul 11, 2018, 3:31:14 PM7/11/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Hi All,

We've got about 12 feature requests for the next version of MP Rest Client, and probably don't have enough cycles to do them all.  We'd really like to get community feedback to determine what features are most important so that we make the best decisions for how to proceed.

I created a survey where you can rank the features in order of preference here:

If you have interest in the MP Rest Client, please take the survey and encourage other users too.  For more details on the various features, please see our open issues list here:

Thanks!

Andy

Alasdair Nottingham

Jul 11, 2018, 9:00:29 PM7/11/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com
I filled it in, but the JWT item kind of confused me, I guess I thought this would be captured by the MP JWT work.

Thanks
Alasdair

Alasdair Nottingham

Andy McCright

Jul 31, 2018, 3:28:02 PM7/31/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
The results of the survey are in!  We had 21 respondents, though not all 21 did a complete 1-11 ranking.  Only six responded to the free form question on any other feature ideas.  I'm attaching a spreadsheet with the result data.  Here is a brief summary of the top requested features:

Mechanism for passing authentication info via Authorization header in REST requests (Issue 104)
MP Fault Tolerance @Timeout annotations should interrupt inflight REST requests (Issue 107)
Specify baseURI (or URL) in the @RegisterRestClient annotation (Issue 90)
Support CDI Interceptors - allowing (among other things) MP Fault Tolerance annotations on REST client interfaces (Issue 5)

Overall, I'd say the theme of the responses was for MP Rest Client to integrate more completely with other technologies (CDI, MP FT, security APIs, etc.).  I think that will be the general direction of the next version of MP Rest Client.

Thanks to all who participated!

Andy
MPRestClient-FeatureSurveyResults-20180731.xlsx