Introducing new member.

Soukayna Abid

Dec 5, 2018, 4:13:40 PM12/5/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com, Amelia Eiras, Markus Eisele

Hello,

I am Soukayna ABID from Morocco, I'm a software engineering student at the National School For Computer Science (ENSIAS), University Mohamed 5, Rabat.

I’ve met Markus Eisele during Devoxx Morocco and he encouraged me to join this community. I have took a look to the  https://microprofile.io/  and now i’m feeling honored by joining you and can’t wait to start contributing.

So, i’m still learning and discovering Java EE and I would know how can be of help ?

I would also thank Amelia Eiras who encouraged me to send this Email.

Thank you so much!

Best regards,

Soukayna,

Amelia Eiras

Dec 6, 2018, 3:07:12 PM12/6/18
to Soukayna Abid, MicroProfile, Markus Eisele
Welcome to this Community Forum of +1000 MicroProfilers Soukayna!

Thank you for reaching to Forum and choosing to become an example to emulate. It takes 1 MicroProfiler, in this case, amazing Markus, to share & personally take the time to integrate you, a new member in such a candid way. Soukayna started that original thread to Markus.   Trust me #MicroProfilers when I tell you that it makes our growing community scalable welcoming actions such as that one to continue branding MP and make its waters a safe place to jump-in,  connect & participate.

Soukayna you are a coder, so let's start there.

#Triber & #MicroProfiler Cesar has written a tutorial in the RESTClient project. This week he blog submitted the blog to MP.content for review, not approved, so I am adding TT.COM link instead.

Remember that there are many MP projects, this is just 1 of many.  I used to write code in 1996, so I know if I were in your shoes I would want to jump into the code and learn as much as possible in a  practical manner.

Lastly, MicroProfilers James & Markus wrote their experience on becoming MicroProfilers earlier this year:

This Community wants to hear your experience — no pressure.   Keep in mind if at a later time you can write what you discover while navigating MP waters: the good, the bad, avoid “saving face"— By being here, you could help educate others’ who might be interested in joining the project yet do not know YET how.

The basics of adding MP value means scaling beyond just the “I,” mentality to “WE.” Rule 1!

See you in twitter [@AbidSoukayna ‏]  and via this forum,

Emily Jiang

Dec 6, 2018, 5:51:18 PM12/6/18
to Eclipse MicroProfile
Welcome Soukayna!

Feel free to browser MicroProfile projects here and participate on the ones you are interested. Go to a particular project you like and click on the gitter on the project repo to get connected to workgroup.

Emily

Soukayna Abid

Dec 7, 2018, 4:54:02 PM12/7/18
to microp...@googlegroups.com