Moving Forward DevNexus

Reza Rahman

Dec 12, 2023, 3:58:19 PM12/12/23
to Vincent Mayers, Clark Roundy, microprofil...@googlegroups.com, eme...@gmail.com
Hi Vince,

I am not sure if you know, but we are a go for the DevNexus sponsorship.
In case timing matters, you can work with Clark to get any paperwork
going? He is working except for some brief time off late December/early
January. I am essentially available for this any time. Other than
something that requires working group consensus, we can move things
forward (especially just formalities).

BTW I am thinking this is an effort Emerson could essentially lead in
addition to Clark from the Foundation side. What do you think Emerson?

Thanks,

Reza

Vincent Mayers

Dec 14, 2023, 11:13:44 AM12/14/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com, Vincent Mayers, Clark Roundy, eme...@gmail.com
Thanka Reza. Good to have MP on board.

@Charles please let me know what you need from me

Cheers
Vincent

Vincent Mayers
Atlanta Java Users Group

Reza Rahman

Dec 14, 2023, 11:35:14 AM12/14/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com, Vincent Mayers, Clark Roundy, eme...@gmail.com
Is there some paperwork to sign? Shall we get that rolling?

Dec 14, 2023, 11:38:19 AM12/14/23
to Vincent Mayers, MPMarketing, Vincent Mayers, Clark Roundy

Happy to lead the process for this initiative from the MP working group side.

Let's gather any outstanding information we need while we await Clark's clarification on any required Foundation formalities.

What key items do you think we should have ready to move forward quickly once we have that final piece?

Thanks Reza

Emerson

Vincent Mayers

Dec 14, 2023, 11:41:59 AM12/14/23
to Emerson Castaneda, MPMarketing, Vincent Mayers, Clark Roundy
As there are no sponsor fees we do not need any paperwork from the ESF, but the ESF may need it from us.

Cheers
Vincent

Vincent Mayers
Atlanta Java Users Group

Reza Rahman

Dec 14, 2023, 11:43:31 AM12/14/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com, Emerson Castaneda, Vincent Mayers, Clark Roundy, Vincent Mayers

Other than paperwork, a bunch of stuff:

* How should the booth look like? What material should we have? What does the Foundation usually have for booths?

* Do we want to distribute swag?

* Actually manning the both.

Clark Roundy

Dec 14, 2023, 12:24:17 PM12/14/23
to Reza Rahman, microprofil...@googlegroups.com, Emerson Castaneda, Vincent Mayers, Vincent Mayers
Thanks all for the discussion. From a foundation standpoint, we will need the following:

1. What's the size of the booth?
2. What's included as part of the booth infrastructure? (carpet, table, chairs, lead generation, etc.) and what, if anything, will we need to budget for?
3. Who from the WG will be at DevNexus and can participate in manning the booth?
4. Will the WG want to do any demos or presentations in the booth (i.e. do we need to plan for AV?)
5. Do we want to budget for swag/giveaways?

The foundation will manage the design and production of booth graphics (backdrop, typically a pull up style banner), as well as any other materials, swag, etc. the WG would like to have there.

Thanks again to all. Will be great to have MP represented at DevNexus!

Clark

Vincent Mayers

Dec 14, 2023, 12:59:22 PM12/14/23
to Clark Roundy, Reza Rahman, microprofil...@googlegroups.com, Emerson Castaneda, Vincent Mayers
Answering questions 1 and 2 by providing the sponsor benefits

• One 6’ x 4’ “Silver Sponsor” booth location within the exhibit/atrium area with a 6' x 3’ table, black tablecloth, and two chairs.
• Company logo on website,
• Company logo and any session information on the event website, with links to your company site.
• The choice to include stickers in the “sticker pack” given to all attendees
• Full conference passes for four (4) company delegates for the two-day event period.

Cheers
Vincent

Vincent Mayers
Atlanta Java Users Group

Clark Roundy

Dec 14, 2023, 1:31:04 PM12/14/23
to Vincent Mayers, Reza Rahman, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, Emerson Castaneda, Vincent Mayers
Thanks Vincent!

Emerson Castaneda

Dec 15, 2023, 8:19:14 PM12/15/23
to Clark Roundy, Vincent Mayers, Reza Rahman, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, Vincent Mayers
Clark

Regarding 3, 4, and 5, as discussed during the steering committee call  and the marketing call this week.

3. Who from the WG will be at DevNexus and can participate in manning the booth?

  • I would be attending DevNexus and can dedicate time to manning the booth. In addition, the Working Group is currently working on a schedule to ensure booth coverage throughout the event. We'll share the finalized schedule.

4. Will the WG want to do any demos or presentations in the booth (i.e. do we need to plan for AV?)

While our primary engagement might be through the scheduled Jakarta and MicroProfile presentation by Edwin Derks, the idea of additional demos or presentations in the booth has merit. I'll gather feedback from the WG and discuss potential AV needs if there's interest.

5. Do we want to budget for swag/giveaways?

Following our previous discussion, I recommend providing booth swag within a range of 300-500 items. To finalize the budget and details effectively, I'd appreciate the Working Group's input on preferred items and quantities.

Emerson

Clark Roundy

Dec 15, 2023, 8:55:08 PM12/15/23
to Emerson Castaneda, Vincent Mayers, Reza Rahman, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, Vincent Mayers
Thank you Emerson and have a great weekend!

Clark.

Emerson Castaneda

Jan 9, 2024, 2:30:54 PMJan 9
to Clark Roundy, Vincent Mayers, Reza Rahman, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, Vincent Mayers
Clark, Vincent, Reza

Wishing you all a prosperous New Year! I'm writing to rekindle our dialogue and share some supplementary information in the designated GitHub issue with that purpose.

@Clark Roundy  May you provide additional inside from the foundation ? What is next?

On the other side, As you know I volunteered to lead the logisting, and soon I will be in touch with the identified assistants to DevNexus 2024 to draft the schedule for the booth logistic, more information here

Emerson

Reza Rahman

Jan 9, 2024, 2:39:13 PMJan 9
to Emerson Castaneda, Clark Roundy, Vincent Mayers, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, Vincent Mayers
To be honest I don’t remember what I already said on this so I will just reiterate the things we should consider:
  • Booth staffing
  • Booth banners, table cloths, etc
  • Monitor at booth
  • Rolling deck/demos at booth
  • Swag
I think Clark could share what the Foundation typically does.

Jan 9, 2024, 3:45:15 PMJan 9
to Reza Rahman, Emerson Castaneda, Vincent Mayers, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, Vincent Mayers
Hey there,

From a foundation standpoint, the most basic option would be to design and provide a pullup banner, perhaps some stickers and/or other swag, a monitor/display of some kind for demos, etc. As the WG opted out of funding events in this year's budget, we are really looking for you all to define what you would like to do so we can make sure there is sufficient budget to cover it.

Thanks,

Clark

Reza Rahman

Jan 9, 2024, 3:47:29 PMJan 9
to Clark Roundy, Emerson Castaneda, Vincent Mayers, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, Vincent Mayers
Yep, figuring out budget is a big part of this.

Mar 7, 2024, 8:13:19 PMMar 7
to Reza Rahman, Clark Roundy, olga.t...@eclipse-foundation.org, Vincent Mayers, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, Vincent Mayers
Adding Olga to this email chain!!!

She has offered to help us with the roll up banner #860 .

We're still finalizing the budget for the banner along with t-shirts and stickers. We're waiting on the Eclipse Foundation's cost details for items #861 and #864 to give the MPWG a clearer picture.

The other subject pending to clarify is about the availability of a Monitor at booth.

Thanks

Emerson

Vincent Mayers

Mar 8, 2024, 2:44:55 PMMar 8
to Emerson Castaneda, Reza Rahman, Clark Roundy, olga.t...@eclipse-foundation.org, Eclipse MicroProfile Marketing, Vincent Mayers
Hey Emerson, all logistics info for the event, including how to register "staff" and obtain a monitor, is in the exhibitor kit, attached here

Hi Olga. Please be aware that we have some upcoming deadlines and let me know if you have any questions

Cheers
Vincent

Vincent Mayers
Atlanta Java Users Group