Deciding on Marketing Metric

Reza Rahman

Feb 6, 2024, 4:07:54 PMFeb 6
to microp...@googlegroups.com, microprofil...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

As discussed in the Community Call today, as part of the Yearly Program
Plan, we agreed to set up measurable metrics for marketing. To that end,
we need to collectively decide on one/two metrics. The idea is to put
these on a live dashboard. The dashboard could be public or Working
Group private. The dashboard will be driven by a database that is
automatically updated on a periodic basis. I will set all this up. Note,
the metrics we decide for marketing could also serve as the metrics
overall for MicroProfile.

Here are the candidates discussed so far. Please feel free to suggest
others.

* Adoption according to credible industry surveys that measure
MicroProfile (such as the annual Jakarta EE survey:
https://newsroom.eclipse.org/news/announcements/eclipse-foundation-releases-2023-jakarta-ee-developer-survey-report).
* Google Trends:
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2016-09-01%202024-01-31&q=MicroProfile
* Job postings: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=MicroProfile
* MicroProfile web site visits
* Social media following
* MicroProfile Starter usage

Can you kindly chime in? I would like to close on one/two metrics in no
more than two/three weeks.

Thanks,

Reza

Reza Rahman

Feb 8, 2024, 2:09:31 PMFeb 8
to microp...@googlegroups.com, microprofil...@googlegroups.com
In the spirit of getting things started, I think it's sufficient to
simply begin tracking Google Trends for now. What do others think?

Reza Rahman

Feb 23, 2024, 10:32:50 AMFeb 23
to microp...@googlegroups.com, microprofil...@googlegroups.com

What others think? Unless I hear otherwise by next week I suggest Google Trends as a pretty good way forward.

On 2/23/2024 10:22 AM, Kito Mann wrote:
+1

We've got to start somewhere...

___

Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | @kit...@mastodon.social LinkedIn
Java Champion | Google Developer Expert Alumni
Expert consulting and training: Cloud architecture and modernization, Java/Jakarta EE, Web Components, Angular, Mobile Web
Virtua, Inc. | virtua.tech
+1 203-998-0403

* Enterprise development, front and back. Listen to Stackd Podcast.
* Speak at conferences? Check out SpeakerTrax.

Vincent Mayers

Feb 23, 2024, 10:35:56 AMFeb 23
to microp...@googlegroups.com, microprofil...@googlegroups.com
sure lets start there