2022 Swag Distribution

Reza Rahman

Feb 9, 2023, 8:08:35 AM2/9/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com
Can I ask the working group members to kindly respond on the working group mailing list about designating a swag contact? Otherwise, we really can’t disburse the 2022 swag (about $15K worth of money our respective companies have paid). This swag would be very useful to DevNexus and we need to ship soon.

It will only take a few minutes if your time. Thanks in advance.

Jadon Ortlepp

Feb 9, 2023, 8:52:17 AM2/9/23
to MicroProfile Marketing
Ill be at DevNexus at the Payara booth.

Happy to help in anyway I can with sharing out the swag to wherever it needs to get to. And handing some out from our booth if that helps too.

Reza Rahman

Feb 9, 2023, 9:02:02 AM2/9/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com
That definitely helps. I’ll be in touch about this hopefully shortly.

Can you also ask your working group representative to designate a swag contact on behalf of MicroProfile please? Currently only me (Microsoft) and Vincent (AJUG) have responded on this important matter. Because this is collective money, the Eclipse Foundation really needs to work with a properly designated representative on behalf of the entire working group. There’s no problem with that being me or Vincent but other folks at least need to just say they are good with it.

Feb 9, 2023, 10:40:42 AM2/9/23
to MicroProfile Marketing
Have you got a link I can point them to? I tried looking and couldnt find anything.

Reza Rahman

Feb 9, 2023, 10:58:57 AM2/9/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com

Amelia Eiras

Feb 9, 2023, 5:33:29 PM2/9/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com

I hope everyone finds the background information helpful on the Swag logistics and past distribution undertaken under the Working Group project.

Inventory tracking- public
Swag Allocation - Steering Committee Members spreadsheet uses yearly tabs to track the allocation of the MPWG swag to its members.
  1. The 2021 tab provides the inventory allocated to members and the costs by unit, etc.
  2. Emerson worked with the Vendors and the EF Team. The details on git issue 717 provide transparency.
The 2022 inventory track tab exists.

  1. The tab's information has yet to be updated. Its last update was Sept 2022. That information ought to be provided to the MPWG to enable its update.
  2. T-shirts were dropped. Hoodies were chosen using 100% of the ~ $15,000.
  3. The Contributor/Committer's Thankyou gift is still pending. Its git ticket [Committer & Contributor Swag ]. MP Swag Package 2022 #727 is associated with 2022 swag allocation. The spreadsheet containing the (Confidential) Committers' private information is populated and awaits an MPWG follow-up.
DevNexus April 2023
  1. Two MP sessions, 3 MicroProfilers.
  2. During an MP marketing meeting, it was discussed that at least 30 pieces (10 per speaker) + 300 -500 MP stickers were desired to be sent directly to DevNexus address to await the MicroProfilers' arrival.
  3. Swag ought to be printed with the 2023 budget.
  4. Yet, 2022 MPWG Members could discuss and choose to vote on taking 30 pieces from the 2022 swag inventory to cover DevNexus (optional)
Swag Volunteer
  • Emerson successfully worked with trusted vendors (printer and shipment center) and the EF team to distribute the 2021 swag.
  •  He volunteered last summer to help again with any work on 2022 swag logistics & distribution

Amelia Eiras

Reza Rahman

Feb 9, 2023, 9:24:08 PM2/9/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com

May be a stupid question - is Emerson willing to be the designated swag contact? Is that the easiest way to go on this? Does it matter that he isn't actually represented by a working group member (or is he)?

Emerson Castañeda

Feb 10, 2023, 5:41:35 PM2/10/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com
Reza,

First of all, thank you for facilitating unblocking this subject.

My answer is YES, I am here willing to help, as Amelian mentioned I volunteered to help again with any work on 2022 swag logistics & distribution as required.

What is next?

Emerson

Reza Rahman

Feb 10, 2023, 6:00:29 PM2/10/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com
To be honest I am not sure, but as I said time is running out. Personally, I think we need to proceed along these lines in a timely fashion:
  • Unless there is some procedural problem, designate you as the primary contact for swag on behalf of the working group.
  • Designate someone else as secondary - not a particularly critical thing to do. Could be me, Vincent, Emily, Amelia, John, etc.
  • Arrange to have some of the $15K worth of swag using the 2022 budget to be sent to DevNexus. I can’t think of a better and more timely use for the money. I think that will cover the “shirts” we agreed upon on. We could spend the 2023 money on stickers.
  • Maybe increase the agreed upon numbers a bit and see how much of the budget we could use? How about sending it to more people going to DevNexus other than just the three MicroProfile speakers? How about the vendors that are going to DevNexus? Can they distribute some swag? How about working with the Jakarta EE folks? They too have a booth.
Could we sort this out asynchronously here or do we really need to have a meeting?

Feb 10, 2023, 6:29:17 PM2/10/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com
Ultimately the working group/steering committee needs to decide that by vote. I have already started a thread with very little response. So I say we try this in hopes there is more response and decision making here:

Folks, does anyone have any objections to Emerson/me being the primary/secondary for swag? Can you kindly vote +1, 0 or -1? If no one votes in about three days, I think we should consider the proposal passed. I will then do something similar in the working group mailing list. Once we moved forward a decision we should proceed with the DevNexus swag.

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2023 6:19:07 PM

Amelia Eiras

Feb 10, 2023, 6:41:37 PM2/10/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com
+1 Emerson/Reza 2022 swag volunteers - (Tomitribe)

Vincent Mayers

Feb 10, 2023, 7:27:23 PM2/10/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com
I offered to do something, but it was a while ago, and I think the narrative has changed.  Happy to help in any way if it involves Devnexus

Cheers
Vincent

@vincentmayers

Emijiang6

Feb 11, 2023, 3:57:01 AM2/11/23
to Microprofile-Marketing
This was a good problem to have. Nice to have more volunteers:).
+1 for Emerson/Reza as primary/alternate for distributing the swags!
Thank you Vincent for willing to help as well!
Thanks,
Emily

Reza Rahman

Feb 13, 2023, 1:27:31 PM2/13/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com

Can I kindly ask folks to weigh in by EOD today? I plan to move this forward in the working group mailing list tomorrow. Thanks!

Vincent Mayers

Feb 13, 2023, 1:42:44 PM2/13/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com
+1

Cheers
Vincent

@vincentmayers

Emily Jiang

Feb 15, 2023, 8:47:38 AM2/15/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com

Michael Redlich

Feb 15, 2023, 9:58:58 AM2/15/23
to microprofil...@googlegroups.com
+1 (Garden State JUG)

--
Code, TestWrite, Cycle, Run, Drink, Sleep ... Repeat
Lead Java Queue Editor, InfoQ

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

John Clingan

Feb 15, 2023, 1:49:28 PM2/15/23