[MPWG 2021 Budget Discussion mirrors the Project Plan] April 5th Call

Amelia Eiras

Apr 1, 2021, 5:57:55 PM4/1/21
to MPCommunity, MPMarketing
Inviting MicroProfilers interested in the 2021 budget discussion this Monday 10am-11am PDT.

This is a continuation to this MP community thread on budget.  On Monday's marketing discussion, we agreed to move forward the 2021 budget discussion and review with a special marketing-call on April 5th, 10am-11am PDT the current proposed budget.

Public zoom access via the MP Calendar
Public agenda Minutes via calendar,  the MP Agenda

Happy long weekend to many of you, #ossDOERs🔋

Disclosure: John and I trouble-shooted the Zoom access today to make sure that everyone who wants to join can join without issues💛

1hr Discussion Agenda

  1. to discuss budget distribution of the $36,000 available
  2. + the get an idea of how to invest the buffer budget left of the ~$40,000 which doesn’t include legal trademark costs,  that won’t be used in full to pay the EMO for Services on the creation of the MPWG Trademarks.
Working document: an excel sheet to allocate the money Inventory Costs Sheet

How

Relevant documents: the joining MicroProfiler is aware of the Project Plan Goals

2021 MPWG Project Plan

2021 Budget draft version .2 presentation

Drive budget documentation

Surplus Budget Carry over 2020 Budget

  • After EF- EMO onboarding expenses, carry-over to 2021: $1296

Tetiana Fydorenchyk

Apr 5, 2021, 3:41:42 PM4/5/21
to Amelia Eiras, MPMarketing, MPCommunity
Hi everyone,

Thanks for today's call.

Based on our discussion, the approximate distribution of the budget looks as following (more or less as I see it, open for suggestions):

Total Marketing Budget*$37,000100%
Swags & Events$20,35055%
Contingency$3,70010%
Infrastructure$2,2206%
Google AdWords $5,55015%
Paid social media, backlinks$5,18014%

*The total sum can be changed when trademark activities are finalized.

The next steps:
- each member to review preliminary distribution and respond if there are any suggestions
- each member to check more detailed list in the Budget Document (all the tabs) and leave comments or just edit the content if some activities should be added
- during the next MP Marketing Call (12.04) we'll discuss the final outcome and decide how to move on with more precise numbers per each option

You can send your feedback to this thread or via git issue https://github.com/microprofile/microprofile-wg/issues/42

Thanks,
Tetiana

--