Calling All Digital Jedis: Support Recovery Efforts in Vanuatu!

Patrick Meier

Apr 5, 2015, 9:45:59 AM4/5/15
to microm...@googlegroups.com
Dear Digital Jedis,

The Government of Vanuatu (via the World Bank) needs our help to assess the damage caused by the recent Category 5 Cyclone. The Bank has deployed several UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, which are remote control helicopters & planes with cameras) to take pictures of the disaster affected islands. The UAVs have already taken several hundred pictures and are continuing to take more in some of the hardest-hit outlying islands. (More info on the UAV mission here).

Our task is to help the Vanuatu Government quickly identify which houses have been damaged by simply looking at the aerial photographs. No prior experience necessary to participate in these recovery efforts. And as always, we've created a simple Tutorial to guide you if you're new to MicroMappers. You'll also find a link to a Chatroom on the MicroMappers site in case you have any questions.

To get started, simply go to MicroMappers.org

Thanks for caring and for helping; even 5 minutes will go a long way!

Onwards,

Patrick & MicroMappers Team

ps. MicroMappers is still under development, so many thanks for your patience as we work hard to improve the platform.