[uf-discuss] Wiki Vandalized...

John Beales

Apr 27, 2011, 11:54:44 PM4/27/11
to microforma...@microformats.org

Brian Suda

Apr 28, 2011, 5:51:01 AM4/28/11
to Microformats Discuss
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 3:54 AM, John Beales <jo...@johnbeales.com> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I'm not sure where I'm supposed to post this, but it appears that the wiki's been vandalized. See these pages, (there may be more):

Thanks for the heads-up. I have removed the pages and blocked the bot.

-brian

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk

Tom Morris

Apr 28, 2011, 6:45:40 AM4/28/11
to Microformats Discuss
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:51, Brian Suda <brian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 3:54 AM, John Beales <jo...@johnbeales.com> wrote:
>> Hey All,
>>
>> I'm not sure where I'm supposed to post this, but it appears that the wiki's been vandalized. See these pages, (there may be more):
>
> Thanks for the heads-up. I have removed the pages and blocked the bot.

I've got some experience with MediaWiki, and I'm sure a few others in
the community have likewise. To protect against potential problems in
the future, might it be an idea to have a few people from the
community sysopped to respond to spam. Administrative redundancy on
MediaWiki wikis is a wise policy.

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>

Please don't print this e-mail out unless you want a hard copy of it.
If you do, go ahead. I won't stop you.