the "emulator" part of the name gives bad vibes...

fcassia

Apr 20, 2012, 9:35:09 AM4/20/12
to microemulator-support
Hi there,

Just a short comment: I think microemu would have much more success if
it dropped the "emulator" part from the project description.

People read "emulator" and think "slow" and "not 100% compatible,
might give me problems". In fact the description behind the name is
much more attractive "a Java se implementation of java me".

So if the web site is microemu.org, why not call the project MicroEmu
and not "micro emulator"??

Food for thought....
FC

Bartek Teodorczyk

Apr 24, 2012, 3:51:09 AM4/24/12
to microemula...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. To the some extent I agree you got the
point. The origin of the project was a pure emulator so this was a
natural name for this. We will consider if it is worth to make a name
change now.

BR,
Bartek Teodorczyk