Applications converted to Android crashes when sound is turned on

Bartek Teodorczyk

Feb 15, 2012, 6:57:25 AM2/15/12
to microemulator-support
J2ME applications with sound are using JSR-135 which is not available
in open source version of MicroEmulator. We have got the
implementation of JSR-135, but only as a commercial extension.

"I used Android 2.3 which they call "Android-8", so I had to make some
additional changes to "build.xml" as the directory structure is a bit
different", yes we are interested in merging your changes

BR,
Bartek Teodorczyk

zeAtBlogg

Feb 15, 2012, 9:35:02 AM2/15/12
to microemulator-support
I wasn't aware this is commercial project, I should really find the
home page and read more about it, but in the meantime if some of the
questions below are not answered on your project's home page, please
tell me:

- How much does it cost and does the licence then allows me to convert
any and as many apps I want?
- Can original screen size and orientation of jar be changed for the
converted apk?
- Is there support for 3D (OpenGL), does it require special hardware
and is there much performance loss?
- Can commercial version convert, say "Metal Gear Solid Mobile" and
"Metal Gear Acid 2" to be fully playable?

***

I've tried several combinations so far, with microemulator 2211, 2450
and 2525 against Android-4 (1.6) and Android-8 (2.2). I've tried
around 30 games, where only maybe 5 or so would not force close on
start. The best results I got with microemulator 2450 and Android-8,
where other combinations would not produce as many working apps or
there would be some graphical glitches, or the input would not be
mapped correctly to direction buttons.

So, to compile against Android-8 in "build.xml" I only had to change
this line:
<property name="sdk-platform-folder" value="${sdk-folder}/platforms/
android-8" />

...then compiler complained how it can not find some files as Google
rearranged directory structure since Android-4, regarding "tools"
folder mostly, so I just duplicated the whole folder and copied few
more files to where they previously were, and the script then
continued as usual. Was not trouble at all since the compiler tells
you exactly what files is expecting to find and where.

By the way, is your project related to netmite.com? They have online
conversion tool and there apparently is also a whole bunch of already
converted apps available to download. However, after two days of
downloading I was not able to get a single app of 600kb, that's how
unbelievably slow that server is, I wonder if it's some kind of joke,
huh. The download is not moving from 527kb for the last 5 hours,
hahahaa! On the other hand, I did manage to convert "Tactical Soccer"
game, after about 12 hours, but the sprites were blinking, while with
microemulator 2450 converted game works perfectly. Anyway, they are
the authors of that program "J2ME runner" I mentioned in the other
post, the one that was removed from Android Market.

Cheers,
Zeljko