RFE: three must-have missing options

fcassia

Nov 20, 2011, 7:53:44 AM11/20/11
to microemulator-support
First things first: congratulations to the author or authors for
MicroEmulator, it works fine.

Now another thing... I start MicroEmulator from a batch file as

java -jar MicroEmulator.jar apps/myappname.jar
and all I get is for the appa name to appear on the menu, I still have
to manually "click" on the "Start" option to start the highlighted
app. WHY? I want an option to automatically start the midlet, not just
show its name in the list of apps

I suggest as RFE#1:

java -jar MicroEmulator.jar apps/myappname.jar --autostart

Second annoyance: no option of having MicroEmulator start without
title bar or menu bar. In other words, I´d like having the option of
starting Microemulator with no UI around it (this is different from
´headless´).

Hence my suggestion as RFE#2:

java -jar MicroEmulator.jar apps/myappname.jar --autostart --
notitlebar --nomenus

Third suggestion: while running several apps using MicroEmu, it shows
the ME icon on all of them. It would be a nice touch if a .bmp file
could be passed as parameter to change the running application´s icon
to one user-supplied.

Hence my suggestion as RFE#3:

java -jar MicroEmulator.jar apps/myappname.jar --autostart --
notitlebar --nomenus --icon=/usr/local/whatever.png

What do you think?.

Regards,
FC

Florian Hülsmann

Nov 20, 2011, 8:37:31 AM11/20/11
to microemulator-support
Isn't this what this feature request/issue tracking system is for? http://code.google.com/p/microemu/issues/list

(sorry for TOFU, wrote on my android...)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Von: fcassia <fca...@gmail.com>
Versendet am: Sun Nov 20 13:53:44 MEZ 2011
An: microemulator-support <microemula...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: RFE: three must-have missing options

I suggest as RFE#1:

What do you think?.

Regards,
FC

Florian Hülsmann
<f...@cbix.de>
http://cbix.de

Fernando Cassia

Nov 21, 2011, 3:39:02 AM11/21/11
to microemula...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 10:37, Florian Hülsmann <floh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Isn't this what this feature request/issue tracking system is for? http://code.google.com/p/microemu/issues/list
>
> (sorry for TOFU, wrote on my android...)

Thanks Florian, I´m new to MicroEmulator so I´m still learning my way
around the project.

Incidentally, my message is aimed at knowing if perhaps there are any
way of doing what I want, that perhaps I might have overlooked.

Best regards,
FC
--
"The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers."
Richard Hamming - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamming_code