Upstream driver broken for me

Ilya

Apr 7, 2010, 5:46:41 AM4/7/10
to microdia
the gspca driver from kernel source doesn't work for me (USB
0c45:6270). At 680:480 resolution the image decompression breaks, at
smaller resolutions I get broken image, usually with proper picture
filling top left quarter. The driver built from git works finely.

Josua Grawitter

Apr 7, 2010, 5:51:57 AM4/7/10
to micr...@googlegroups.com
If you feel like it, you might want to file a bugreport with them. Hopefully the issue can easily be fixed and can use youir webcam out-of-the-box next time you upgrade.

Brian Johnson

Apr 7, 2010, 10:50:09 AM4/7/10
to micr...@googlegroups.com
Ilya,
I know from other reports that the 6270 does in fact work with the
gspca driver, however that is also the camera that has three different
sensors it can use as well so you probably are using a different
sensor on your camera. I'm guessing its probably the mt9v112 but if
you can email me and let me know which sensor you are using i'll see
if i can figure out what the problem is. The sensor that is being
detected shoudl be listed in dmesg after you plug in your camera.

Regards,
Brian Johnson

> --
> Lets make microdia webcams plug'n play, (currently plug'n pray)

Ilya

Apr 8, 2010, 10:39:08 AM4/8/10
to microdia
It is MT9V111