0c45:6128 on DreamLinux 3.5

Sushith Mundayadan

Dec 13, 2009, 5:17:26 PM12/13/09
to micr...@googlegroups.com, Amauri Magagna
Hi All,

The subject and the screen shot says it all. Kernel is 2.6.28

any possible solutions or alternatives?

Thanks in Advance.

PS: I am just a regular Linux user, can follow instructions pretty well though, Just not a programmer.

_5u5h1th_
amsn.png

Sushith Mundayadan

Dec 13, 2009, 11:25:03 PM12/13/09
to micr...@googlegroups.com, srivathsa rao
Thanks I will try it once I get home from work this evening and post the update here.

Thanks,
Sushith

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 4:47 AM, srivathsa rao <srivath...@gmail.com> wrote:
hi new v4l-dvb driver supports ur webcam i think...when i looked at sonixj.c in the "v4l-dvb\linux\drivers\media\video\gspca" this line "{USB_DEVICE(0x0c45, 0x6128), BS(SN9C120, OM6802)}," is found so try to download from "http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb"extract it,compile it and just "modprobe sonixj"...try to read the INSTALL and README files in the file u download.....

--
Lets make microdia webcams plug'n play, (currently plug'n pray)

nothing

Sushith Mundayadan

Dec 14, 2009, 2:36:37 AM12/14/09
to micr...@googlegroups.com, Amauri Magagna
Thanks Amauri,

I got the same suggestion from srivathsa rao from Microdia Google Groups, I am gonna try this today evening once I get back home today from work. Will let you know if it works for me or not.

Thanks again, and much appreciated.

Regards,
Sushith

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Amauri Magagna <amauri...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Sushith,

This driver (Gspca-v2) is included in the kernel tree now. I'm using Ubuntu 9.10, kernel 2.6.31.

You can download an updated driver from http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/ - click "Browse" (menu at left) and choose bz2, zip or gz.

Extract this file to any folder, open a terminal, cd to this folder and execute "sudo make install". That's all.

Best regards,
Amauri

P.S.: It takes a long time to compile and install all v4l drivers...

Sushith Mundayadan

Dec 14, 2009, 11:09:00 AM12/14/09
to micr...@googlegroups.com, Amauri Magagna, srivathsa rao
Hi,

Pls see the output while trying sudo make install

http://pastebin.ca/1714501

:-(

Sushith

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Amauri Magagna <amauri...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Sushith,

This driver (Gspca-v2) is included in the kernel tree now. I'm using Ubuntu 9.10, kernel 2.6.31.

You can download an updated driver from http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/ - click "Browse" (menu at left) and choose bz2, zip or gz.

Extract this file to any folder, open a terminal, cd to this folder and execute "sudo make install". That's all.

Best regards,
Amauri

P.S.: It takes a long time to compile and install all v4l drivers...

Sushith Mundayadan

Dec 15, 2009, 1:10:49 PM12/15/09
to srivathsa rao, micr...@googlegroups.com, amauri...@gmail.com
Hi

Apparently my cam is being detected and the module which is being loaded is gspca_sonixj

Its just dont work properly though. Verified the same with different distros, same image.

So i guess my cam doesnt have a fully functional driver yet :-(

is v4l-dvb any different from gspca_sonixj?

THanks,
Sushith

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:58 AM, srivathsa rao <srivath...@gmail.com> wrote:
is it v4l-dvb?or normal v4l?