pata_it821x.c fix for latest ebox3300

Andrew

Nov 14, 2009, 8:59:35 PM11/14/09
to MicroClient
Hi all,

wrote a short page describing the pata_it821x.c fix to get pio4
working. nothing really new.

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/microclient/web/pata-it821x-c-fix-for-latest-ebox3300
- or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't
work.

marser

Oct 5, 2010, 2:17:50 PM10/5/10
to MicroClient
Hi Andrew,

I'm having no luck with this -

I've compiled a 2.6.29.3 kernel with the patched it821 driver, made
sure it's selected in the config, followed the instructions from
kelvin and tried every other little trick I could think of. Legacy/
Native - the drives are not recognised.

This is my lspci output:
00:0c.0 IDE interface: RDC Semiconductor, Inc. Device 1011 (rev 01)

All I am getting is this in dmesg:
[ 0.000000] Unknown boot option `libata.force=pio4': ignoring

Is that a sign that the libata code has not been initialised, or that
I've not, in spite of my best effort, managed to build/deploy the
kernel correctly?

What would be really fantastic is if you, or someone else, could
upload a working set of kernel debs. That would rule out a whole
number of things I might be doing wrong here.

many thanks for posting this, best regards,

/m

marser

Oct 7, 2010, 6:07:23 AM10/7/10
to MicroClient
So I was being daft: I had config option CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IT821X enabled
instead of CONFIG_PATA_IT821X. Didn't realise there were two different
drivers.
With the latest 2.6.35.7 kernel the fix looks like this:
static const struct pci_device_id it821x[] = {
{ PCI_VDEVICE(ITE, PCI_DEVICE_ID_ITE_8211), },
{ PCI_VDEVICE(ITE, PCI_DEVICE_ID_ITE_8212), },
{ PCI_VDEVICE(RDC, PCI_DEVICE_ID_RDC_D1010), },
{ PCI_VDEVICE(RDC, PCI_DEVICE_ID_RDC_D1011), },
{ },
};
and in include/linux/pci_ids.h
#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_RDC_D1010 0x1010