Mysterious, Silent eBox Death

Jan

Jun 7, 2010, 11:14:45 AM6/7/10
to MicroClient
Hello,

Recently my MicroClient SR (or Ebox 4300) with compact flash card (no
HD) bricked after an automatic nightly reboot. No BIOS, no VGA
display, no network connection (not even leds blinking), no sounds,
nothing. The only thing that works is the top led on the front of the
box.

Anyone any idea what happened?

I checked the battery that is soldered on the motherboard, tried to
shortciscuit it, and even tried to remove it and apply 3 volt to the
board with a transformer, but that did not help.

It would be a waist to throw away a 1 year old box... And buying a new
one if it can simply brick at any time does not seem like a good idea
either...

Regards, Jan.

bjbcats

Jun 8, 2010, 1:46:22 AM6/8/10
to MicroClient
I found that I've had to short the battery for 30 seconds, and
sometimes 3 or 4 times before it "takes".