Slow network performance with eBox-3300

Charlie!

Nov 20, 2009, 11:48:27 PM11/20/09
to MicroClient
I'm running Debian 5 on an eBox-3300 using the RDC R6040 driver
bundled in the newer kernels (specifically, I'm running 2.6.30.9).
While I don't get any explicit errors with the network hardware, I've
noticed I'm only getting transfer speeds of just under 10 Mbps (rather
than, say, 100 Mbps). I know it's not the router or other systems on
the network, as they routinely transfer at up to 7 times the speed of
the eBox.

Anyone encountered this? Or perhaps anyone have any ideas what I
might do to get actual 100 Mbps performance out of the hardware?
lspci tells me I've got an RDC6040 in there, so it's the "right"
driver in that it's the one written for the hardware.

Thanks!
-Charlie(!)

Charlie!

Nov 23, 2009, 8:57:33 AM11/23/09
to MicroClient
I've resolved the problem... turns out the eBox was attached to a
defective port in the router.

-Charlie