How Can I Disable the JrMX Front Power Button?

frangalista

Oct 25, 2010, 10:05:54 AM10/25/10
to MicroClient
I have been evaluating the new MicroClient JrMX for use in an
application where it acts as a data gateway for solar power monitoring
systems. There are many features about it that I like over the JrDX:

- It has more memory at the outset
- It does away with the nasty old uSD adapter that never seated
quite right
- It seems to boot faster (perhaps this is due to a faster SD card)
- It has a more flexible power supply as well as a standard power
connector

The one downside that I have seen is that it reintroduces the front
power button that was a "feature" of the MicroClient Jr. For my
application, it is unacceptable to have to manually press the front
button to turn on the device and, in my limited testing, this is
exactly what must be done after a power loss. I have searched in vain
through the BIOS menus for a way of controlling power on-behaviour so
I assume that this is going to require some sort of hardware
modification (a jumper perhaps). Does anyone have any other solution
to this?

WDL-Donnie

Oct 25, 2010, 9:12:31 PM10/25/10
to MicroClient
I'd go with one of the GPIO variants. They don't have the soft power
button. You give up audio for this feature, but you probably don't
need it. Also, you might be able to do something interesting with the
GPIO in your application.

Green Gadgets Ltd (Israel)

Oct 26, 2010, 4:25:41 AM10/26/10
to MicroClient
I have just uploaded Ordering guide for eBox-3300MX (eBOX-3300MX
specifications.pdf).
The auto-on versions are listed as separate modifications that need to
be ordered explicitly.
Yogev

Lazac

Oct 26, 2010, 5:01:08 AM10/26/10
to MicroClient
In case of ordering from Norhtec, you must tell at order time that you
need the auto-power on type.

Other new issue in JrMX that it has an internal USB connector instead
of the internal miniPCI socket.