Home Server Showcase

kelvinn

Jan 11, 2010, 2:26:15 AM1/11/10
to MicroClient
All:

I've become fond of my little home embedded server, and I'm glad my
habits have changed; it runs everything I used to run in a bigger
server, but with no heat, no fans/noise, and little power
consumption. However, I routinely hear stories of people leaving
workstations on for mundane tasks (e.g. to ironically collect
temperature and send emails). I think it would be interesting to see
examples of other people who've swapped power-hungry towers for tiny
embedded home servers or devices. And why.

So, here goes.

1) Are there any popular tiny home server showcase websites out there?

2) If I built a simple "social showcase" of "green home servers",
would anybody here post examples of what they're running at home?

3) Would this be a pointless idea to try to get other techies to
switch to more green home servers?

Cheers,

Kelvin