Kitchen Computer.

Agent X

Jun 3, 2010, 7:00:18 PM6/3/10
to MicroClient
Dear All

I've got a Microclient Jr, that I'm looking to build a kitchen
computer out of. My basic goals is for it to run a modern web browers
(Firefox) and maybe play some music. It also need to be able to work
with the internal wireless. I'm tried to find a basic OS to accomplish
this. Is there some sort of out of the box .iso I could use for this
that already dealings with all the Microclient quirks.

Thank you.

Daniel Bo

Jun 3, 2010, 7:48:22 PM6/3/10
to Agent X, MicroClient
My Microclient, Sr. works with Ubuntu out of the box. I needed to
insert a USB wireless adapter and I was done. For the Jr. and its low
memory, I'd recommend a lighter OS like:
Lubuntu (uses the Chrome browser) http://lubuntu.net/
Linux Mint LXDE version: http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1429

Dan

bjbcats

Jun 8, 2010, 1:43:41 AM6/8/10
to MicroClient
Keep in mind that the Jr is (I think) 386 compatible, so some of the
distros which are compiled for 586/686 won't run. My DX will boot
lubuntu, but not OpenSuse. (The DX is 586 compatible AFAIK).