STAMP file preparation problem

Md.Ishtiak Rashid

Sep 9, 2022, 12:58:39 AM9/9/22
to Microbiome Helper
Hi all

I've completed PICRUSt2 standalone analysis and now want to use STAMP. I tried to follow this tutorial :https://github.com/LangilleLab/microbiome_helper/wiki/STAMP-preparation.

However, I'm not sure about the input file for the STAMP since I'm facing error running the codes below and which file is exactly the 'feature-table_w_tax.biom' file. Because, the feature-table.biom that I have, doesn't contain the bacterial taxa information, only the pathways. Since I ran Qiime SOPs, is it possible to prepare files for stamp from there?

biom_to_stamp.py -m taxonomy \
                 deblur_output_exported/feature-table_w_tax.biom \
                 > deblur_output_exported/feature-table_w_tax.spf

fix_spf.py -i deblur_output_exported/feature-table_w_tax.spf \
           -o deblur_output_exported/feature-table_w_tax_final.spf \
           --replace_ambig_letter_format

Best,
Ishtiak

Andre Comeau

Sep 12, 2022, 2:12:09 PM9/12/22
to Microbiome Helper
The wiki link/scripts you have listed below are for when you have run normal 16S analysis through QIIME2 - those files below (ie: the BIOM feature tables) would be your starting point for making the STAMP files.

You want the tutorial/instructions from the PICRUSt2 wiki: https://github.com/picrust/picrust2/wiki/STAMP-example

ANDRÉ M. COMEAU, PhD
Manager  Integrated Microbiome Resource (IMR)
T: 902.494.2684 | E: andre....@dal.ca

Address for deliveries:
Dept. of Pharmacology
Tupper Med. Bldg., room 5D
Dalhousie University
5850 College St.
Halifax NS B3H 4R2

Research Associate (Lab Manager)

Morgan Langille Lab  Dept. of Pharmacology
ResearchGate Profile GoogleScholar Publications

"Without fantasy, there is no science. Without fact, there is no art." - Nabokov
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." - Neil deGrasse Tyson