/usr/bin/bash: seqtk: command not found

Cory Bishop

Oct 18, 2022, 8:42:21 AM10/18/22
to Microbiome Helper
Hello,
received this error:
/usr/bin/bash: seqtk: command not found

upon issuing this command from PacBio CCS SOP:
parallel -j 4 'seqtk seq -r {} > raw_data_rc/{/.}_rc.fastq' ::: raw_data/*.fastq

.fastq files get specified in raw_data_rc folder, but not populated with data.

Attempted remedies:
updated miniconda3 environment
updated QIIME2
installed latest version of seqtk based on instructions linked out from SOP.
verified seqtk installed in 'pkgs' folder in miniconda3 environment

thoughts?

Andre Comeau

Oct 18, 2022, 10:27:26 AM10/18/22
to Microbiome Helper
For the others on the group, Cory managed to find the solution to his problem:

"I figured out the issue on my end, pertinent to this morning's post by me. The instructions on the seqtk github page do not work for my linux system, so I had to issue a 'sudo apt install seqtk' command instead of 'make' as suggested."

FYI: We are soon going to update the PacBio Amplicon SOP to utilize the new -pacbio flag capacity on the latest DADA2 plugin for Q2 and so the use of seqtk might be deprecated in this new SOP.

ANDRÉ M. COMEAU, PhD
Manager  Integrated Microbiome Resource (IMR)
T: 902.494.2684 | E: andre....@dal.ca

Address for deliveries:
Dept. of Pharmacology
Tupper Med. Bldg., room 5D
Dalhousie University
5850 College St.
Halifax NS B3H 4R2

Research Associate (Lab Manager)

Morgan Langille Lab  Dept. of Pharmacology
ResearchGate Profile GoogleScholar Publications

"Without fantasy, there is no science. Without fact, there is no art." - Nabokov
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." - Neil deGrasse Tyson