VM box on website download link issue

S. Kose

May 10, 2024, 11:16:39 AMMay 10
to Microbiome Helper
Hi all,

I wanted to see if the VM Box OVA is still available for Microbiome Helper?
The website isn't allowing downloads.

Thanks
S.K

Andre Comeau

May 10, 2024, 2:55:23 PMMay 10
to Microbiome Helper
Are you referring to the link for the amplicon-only 12 Gb linked on this page:https://github.com/LangilleLab/microbiome_helper/wiki/Microbiome-Helper-Virtual-Box

This points to a file on our server Kronos and the link is downloading for me from home, meaning to problem for off-campus/external downloads. However, some modern browsers (mine included so I had to bypass) will complain about the download being from an HTTP instead of HTTPS and will cancel it, but there is an option in your Downloads list of the browser to "accept the risk" and continue (at least for me on FireFox).

ANDRÉ M. COMEAU, PhD
Manager Integrated Microbiome Resource (IMR)
T: 902.494.2684 | E: andre....@dal.ca

Address for deliveries:
Dept. of Pharmacology
Tupper Med. Bldg., room 5D
Dalhousie University
5850 College St.
Halifax NS B3H 4R2

Research Associate (Lab Manager)

Morgan Langille Lab  Dept. of Pharmacology
ResearchGate Profile GoogleScholar Publications

"Without fantasy, there is no science. Without fact, there is no art." - Nabokov
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 10, 2024, 3:29:41 PMMay 10
to Microbiome Helper
Thank you Andre, much appreciated!

I can download the amplicon only - which I am assuming is to process amplicon data with picrust2 etc. I have tried to download the full VM Box for metagenome data
but it auto-links to the amplicon or 0.4 ova image. Is that VM no longer available in your Kronos server?

Thanks Su

Andre Comeau

Sent: May 10, 2024 4:29 PM
To: Microbiome Helper <microbio...@googlegroups.com>

S. Kose

May 10, 2024, 3:50:40 PMMay 10
to Microbiome Helper
Thanks Andre,

I clicked on the link you pasted and that started working, so perhaps a browser issue on my end with Chrome auto shuting down the d/l instead of giving a warning.

Thanks for helping me sort it out!

Best wishes,
Su

S. Kose

May 13, 2024, 9:42:59 AMMay 13
to Microbiome Helper
Hi Andre,

That's all working now, thank you. I also wanted to ask about the picrust2 workflow, in the metagenome workflow we can map KOs/ECs to MyC pathways and show which taxa is associated with which pathway. In the amplicon workflow this isn't apparent, is there a way to place taxanomic information in to the unstrat/strat files produced? Or at least to the file with pathway information?

Thanks,
Su

Andre Comeau

May 13, 2024, 5:05:50 PMMay 13
to Microbiome Helper
Hmm...I don't have that answer off the top of my head. Since it is related to PICRUSt2 and not MicrobiomeHelper directly per se, could you follow the PICRUSt Wiki directions for questions:

"For other general questions and comments about PICRUSt2 please search the PICRUSt google group. If the question has not been previously answered then please make a new thread."

Sent: May 13, 2024 10:42 AM