1.7 Import FASTQs as QIIME 2 artifact

Cory Bishop

Aug 24, 2021, 12:03:26 PM8/24/21
to Microbiome Helper
Trying to import PACBIO reads as .qza artifact with this command from PacBio CCS Amplicon SOP v1. I have completed prior trimming steps.

qiime tools import \
--type SampleData[SequencesWithQuality] \
--input-path PacBioCCSmanifest.tsv \
--output-path reads_qza/trimmed_reads.qza \
--input-format SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33V2

generates the following error:

"Importing 'SingleLanePerSampleSingleEndFastqDirFmt' requires a directory, not PacBioCCSmanifest.tsv"

I am issuing this command from the same directory in which the .tsv file is located and would not think  an explicit directory path is required. Indeed when I provided one, it did not solve the problem. What am I missing?
thanks
Cory

Andre Comeau

Aug 24, 2021, 12:14:13 PM8/24/21
to Microbiome Helper
Cory,
This should work as it did in my testing, but what version of QIIME2 are you using? It could be a slight change in the import options wording since an update.

ANDRÉ M. COMEAU, PhD
Manager  Integrated Microbiome Resource (IMR)
T: 902.494.2684 | E: andre....@dal.ca

Address for deliveries:
Dept. of Pharmacology
Tupper Med. Bldg., room 5D
Dalhousie University
5850 College St.
Halifax NS B3H 4R2

Research Associate (Lab Manager)

Morgan Langille Lab  Dept. of Pharmacology
ResearchGate Profile GoogleScholar Publications

"Without fantasy, there is no science. Without fact, there is no art." - Nabokov
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Aug 24, 2021, 12:19:10 PM8/24/21
to Microbiome Helper
PS: Does your manifest file look like this (for example)?

# single-end PHRED 33 fastq manifest file for forward reads
sample-id       absolute-filepath
CLO_A_P1_05     $PWD/trimmed_reads/CLO_A_P1_05_cat_trim.fastq
CLO_A_P1_09     $PWD/trimmed_reads/CLO_A_P1_09_cat_trim.fastq

Note that you might have the PWD as your absolute location written out instead (ex: /home/cory/project_name/...).

ANDRÉ M. COMEAU, PhD
Manager  Integrated Microbiome Resource (IMR)
T: 902.494.2684 | E: andre....@dal.ca

Address for deliveries:
Dept. of Pharmacology
Tupper Med. Bldg., room 5D
Dalhousie University
5850 College St.
Halifax NS B3H 4R2

Research Associate (Lab Manager)

Morgan Langille Lab  Dept. of Pharmacology
ResearchGate Profile GoogleScholar Publications

"Without fantasy, there is no science. Without fact, there is no art." - Nabokov
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Aug 24, 2021, 12:21:07 PM8/24/21
to Microbiome Helper
yep, that could be it, I am using 2018.6. I'll update and then post if it worked upon update

Andre Comeau

Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 1:21 PM
To: Microbiome Helper <microbio...@googlegroups.com>