can we get some usage docs going please.

BlueSteel

Dec 19, 2011, 3:05:42 AM12/19/11
to micro64 - c64 emulator
eg: keyboard layout , joystick configs , how to get access to and
tweak the settings, hot keys etc

F9 opens up the options in micro64
F12 resets c64
number keypad is the joystick (still can't find the fire button)

found these trial and error.

what i'd like to see is a user configurable keyboard (key mapping etc)

Benjamin Rosseaux

Dec 19, 2011, 4:11:48 AM12/19/11
to micro64 - c64 emulator

numpad 0 is the fire button, numlock swaps the keyboard joysticks 1
and 2, numpad period swaps the two real connected joysticks,
which'll detected at the micro64 start. and numpad * is the warpmode
limitspeed off/off toggle.

A keyboard configuration is already on the ToDo List together with the
micro64 IDE+Debugger rewrite. :)

BlueSteel

Dec 19, 2011, 4:43:26 AM12/19/11
to micro64 - c64 emulator
Thanks ;)

just found out that the right CRL key does. is there any way of
swapping that mapping to the TAB key. as its more liike the old C64
was , also its impossible for me to use as the right CTL key because I
only have my left arm (that is unless hold the right CTL key down with
my nose or somethng.. lol

BlueSteel

Dec 19, 2011, 1:47:49 PM12/19/11
to micro64 - c64 emulator
Thanks BeRo Great Chatting to you;)

juga

Dec 20, 2011, 3:33:19 PM12/20/11
to micro64 - c64 emulator
Very good topic, thank you!

BlueSteel

Dec 20, 2011, 7:57:38 PM12/20/11
to micro64 - c64 emulator
Here is what i've found out so far
originaally posted by me here http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=490752#490752

transcript
[quote]
BeRo has just updated Micro64 to build 656 so that the Tab key is now
the same as the right ctl key. They both have been mapped to the C64
Ctl key Wink

other things I've found out.

F9 = options screen
F10 = restore key (going to be changed in a future build in 2012)
{
f11 = Cartridge Freeze with NMI
ctrl f11 = Cartridge Freeze without NMI
shift f11 = Cartridge Unfreeze
but only if the loaded CRT supports it
}
F12 = Reset
left ctl = commodore key
right ctl or tab = ctl key

Joystick keys are numpad and 0 as the fire button

numlock swaps the keyboard joysticks 1 and 2
numpad period swaps the two real connected joysticks, which will be
detected at the micro64 start.
numpad * is the warpmode, limit speed off/off toggle.

Miicro64 also supports kernal.rom char.rom chargen.rom basic.rom
1541.rom files. just place them in the micro64 config data directory
eg: %appdata%\Roaming\micro64 directory on win 7

I've placed my cockroach turbo rom in there and its working well from
what i can tell so far Wink

All I can say is wow. Where has this gem of an emulator been hiding
I've found Bero very approachable and helpful too.

I'm looking forward to many happy (bring back and making new memories)
hours using Micro64

As this is still an early build any or all of this info may be out of
date as of later builds
[/quote]