i've got a topic/idea for the 03/02/09 pug. it's a challenge, a
sprint, a hackathon, whatever you'd like to call it. here's the
background, and the idea.
* a guy named mike kessler is opening a co-working space on main
street, tween washington and huron, in the
old arcadian too space, right next door to (south) vinology. the
space is designed as a place where people
can pop in for a day, hang out, work with other people, get a
permanent desk, host trainings, etc. it's
going to be pretty cool.
* as part of that, he needed some sort of door lock/authentication
system. i volunteered to put one
together, and it's coming along fine, from the hardware and
software side. it's basically a bag of
scripts (python, natch), and some csv files for manager users,
logging, whatever. oh, and a door latch
that gets controlled by the above.
* but from a ui perspective, i know better things could be done, and
this is where you come in.
* if people are up for it, i'd like to do three things:
* 30m : setup tasks, review / design schema
* 60m : split into groups and build an interactive site to do a few
* 30m : each group discuss results, demonstrate (10-15m@)
ps - i'm not asking you to do my homework for me. ;) this is a project
of volunteers, and we'll end up open-sourcing the project when we're
done, including schematics for locks, control scripts, etc.
On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 8:10 AM, Bob Kuehne <bobk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i've got a topic/idea for the 03/02/09 pug. it's a challenge, a
> sprint, a hackathon, whatever you'd like to call it. here's the
> background, and the idea.
Sounds neat, though I don't think I should be voting on this one
because there's a high likelihood that I won't be in town for the
meeting. (Which would actually be 3/5)