Update?

D Jones

Jul 19, 2009, 11:31:47 AM7/19/09
to michigan...@googlegroups.com
Can someone please provide an update on the status of the wetland program?

Michigan Wetlands

Jul 20, 2009, 7:52:49 AM7/20/09
to D Jones, michigan...@googlegroups.com
The good news is that we are being told that behind the scenes
negotiations by Senator Birkholz are still going on to save the
program. The bad news is that we also hear that it seems that the
regulated community (especially the Chamber of Commerce) is still
having a disproportional influence on what changes are made to the
wetlands law. We are still waiting for the results of these
negotiations to become public.

We also hear that Senator Birkholz is still getting many calls
(especially from the business community) regarding the fate of the
wetlands program, for those of you who still want to be heard...