Book Launch

Michael Barakiva

May 2, 2014, 6:58:01 PM5/2/14
to michael-bara...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends and Family,
If you're receiving this for the second time, please forgive me.  I'm not nearly as computer savy as the kids are these days.

The good people at Macmillan (Farrar, Straus & Giroux) who were kind and crazy to publish my book told me that like ships, books traditionally have a launch event.

One Man Guy's book launch will be on Tuesday, June 3rd from 6PM to 8PM at Books of Wonder, at 18 West 18th St, between 5th and 6th Avenues.  I hope you are free to attend in this wonderful indie book store for young readers that I happen to love.

From what I understand, this is how these work:

1)  I do a reading from the book (which I'm thrilled to announce I'll do with members from my theater company, The Upstart Creatures)
2)  A Q&A, during which you can ask me embarrassing questions
3)  A book-signing, in which you are pressured into purchasing a copy of the book if you haven't already done so, and I try not to feel silly as I sign it for you with a fancy pen.

I'm sure, that afterward, some local watering hole will have the misfortune of hosting us afterwards.

When Books of Wonder offered to host the event, they told my publicist at Macmillan that they hoped I'd be able to draw a "good number of people."  When I pressed, she told me that meant twenty to thirty.  I'd like to blow that number out of the freakin' water.

If you don't mind shooting me a response to RSVP, I would be most appreciative.  Since I don't think you can respond to this email directly, you should do write me back directly at mibar...@gmail.com for RSVP purposes.

mb

If you believe in art and believe in me, please click here.

Also, please read my blog, www.michaelbarakiva.blogspot.com, and check out my web site www.michaelbarakiva.com.