Who Wants To Know About My New Literary Development Social Justice Business?

Michael Barakiva

May 26, 2021, 9:28:44 AM5/26/21
to Michael Barakiva's friends
Dear Friends,
It's my distinct pleasure to give you a sneak peek into my new company, Novel Readings, and introduce you to our first event: Spotlight on AAPI Voices, presented by Farrar Straus & Giroux Books for Young Readers.

Novel Readings provides two services, both centered on the performance of literary text:
  1. Authors hire us to perform their works in progress for them as a development tool
  2. Companies hire us to produce social justice events
Spotlight on AAPI Voices, presented by Farrar Straus Giroux Books for Young Readers, in association with Novel Readings, will be June 9th 7PM ET, and features excerpts from the following extraordinary works:

You Bring The Distant Near by Mitali Perkins

The Comeback by E. L. Shen

How To Make Friends With The Sea by Tanya Guerero

A panel with authors and actors will immediately follow the reading.

To RSVP for the (free!) event, please click here!

To check out Novel Readings' website, go to: www.novelreadings.com

And if you are a novelist or work at a company that is interested in engaging our services, please reach out to me at mic...@novelreadings.com.

Thank you all so much, and looking forward to working with you in this new venture!
Michael Barakiva (he/him - what’s this?)
Founder/Creative Director, Novel Readings

p.s.  Everytime I embark on a new adventure, I am reminded of how many people help out at every juncture, and I'd like to acknowledge them: Estefania Fadul, Novel Readings' Associate Director; Bryan Hagelin, our Marketing Director; my brother-in-law Christopher Pierson for our logo design; Eric Sutton for web site consulting; and Emily Donahoe, whose experience as Founder/Principal of WomenSpeak Training has been invaluable; Victor Holtcamp who proofed the website with love and attention.  And of course, Joy Peskin and FSG for hiring us to produce our first event!

If you'd like to order my books, check out my web page, follow me on insta or find me on twitter...

FULL IMAGE Spotlight on AAPI Voices Poster.png