Becoming An Artistic Director

Michael Barakiva

Sep 30, 2016, 10:14:07 AM9/30/16
to Michael Barakiva's friends
Dear Friends,
I know I haven't used this google group in a while, but for those who haven't heard from social media, I have accepted the position of Artistic Director at the Hangar Theatre in Ithaca, New York.  I moved a few weeks ago, and have been furiously trying to learn how to do the job since.

I've also been blogging about the entire process!

I've written four of a five-post series, and here are the links.  Enjoy and hope to see you in Ithaca!

mb

Post #4: Leaving New York

Post #3: The Application Process

Post #2: My Rockin' Summer

Post #1: Becoming an Artistic Director

Sending you all best from the Finger Lakes,
mb

Michael Barakiva

Sep 30, 2016, 10:25:38 AM9/30/16
to Daryl Roth, michael-barakiva...@googlegroups.com, Michael Barakiva's friends
Oh Daryl, you are simply the best!

And keep us in mind if you want to workshop something outside of NYC.  It's gorgeous here, and we have a beautiful 350-thrust, and that way I'd get to see you!

mb

If you'd like to follow my tweets, click here  https://twitter.com/mibarakiva.
Or if you'd like to receive my very occasional newsletter, click here.

Also, please read my blog, www.michaelbarakiva.blogspot.com

Life used to be simpler, no?

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Daryl Roth <Da...@rothproductions.com> wrote:
You will be a wonderful Artistic Director , the Hangar is lucky to have you

All best for a great mew chapter!

Warmly
Daryl

Michael Barakiva

Sep 30, 2016, 10:32:57 AM9/30/16
to Daryl Roth, michael-barakiva...@googlegroups.com, Michael Barakiva's friends
Plays and musicals!

We did a workshop last year of a new Anne of Green Gables musical, and we have access to the Ithaca College kids, who are exceptionally talented young music theatre performers.

You can bring people up from New York, of course, also, but finding a way to make this a safe, close-to-but-not-too-close-to-NYC workshop place is something I'd love to do.

mb

If you'd like to follow my tweets, click here  https://twitter.com/mibarakiva.
Or if you'd like to receive my very occasional newsletter, click here.

Also, please read my blog, www.michaelbarakiva.blogspot.com

Life used to be simpler, no?

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Daryl Roth <Da...@rothproductions.com> wrote:
I would love that ....