GSoC 2013 mentors

Karen Cranston

Apr 9, 2013, 10:15:18 AM4/9/13
to Wg-phyloi...@nescent.org, Phyloinformatics Summer of Code, MIAPA, opentreeofl...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,
[ This will be the last mentor message to mailing lists other than phyl...@nescent.org. I promise. ;) ]

NESCent has been accepted as a mentoring organization for the 2013 Google Summer of Code! Thanks to everyone who submitted project ideas. This will be our seventh (!!) year in the program, and I hope it is as fun and productive as previous years.

Between now and May 3, we will be advertising to potential students and working with interested students to develop project proposals. We are still open to new project ideas, but the earlier these go up the better. Students need plenty of time to develop a strong proposal - the program is *very* competitive.

If you are interested in mentoring (or co-mentoring - you don't need to have proposed a project idea to co-mentor an existing project), there are 3 things you should do:

1. Sign up to the G+ page (and do feel free to introduce yourself!):

2. Add you name to the list of potential mentors:

One more quick note: in a change from previous years, we will be using the G+ page instead of wg-phyloinformatics for PhyloSoC throughout the summer. So, if you are interested in keeping up with the program, do join the G+ page.

Cheers,
Karen & Jim
NESCent PhyloSoC admins

--