MIAPA NeXML Draft v 0.1

Elliott Hauser

Jun 25, 2012, 10:33:21 PM6/25/12
to miapa-...@googlegroups.com
All,

I have a rough google document up, evaluating the degree to which Treebase NeXML is able to satisfy the draft MIAPA checklist.  Please give a look if you are familiar with both standards I welcome you to edit and comment.  You may also find Rutger's spreadsheet of Treebase predicates and terms helpful.

Please note that this is not intended as a list of things that needs to be added to Treebase NeXML satisfy the MIAPA checklist but rather a list of MIAPA-relevant parts of Treebase NeXML as it stands today.  Emily McTavish has a great spreadsheet she started at Phylotastic that proposes new NeXML attribute terms for this purpose. My purpose (this summer at least) is an account of what will be supported by Treebase NeXML, as-is.  Remedying the deficit, as Emily has started, will be left to future projects.

Please note I have several questions out to the NeXML and Treebase-devel lists.  My hope in engaging MIAPA-discuss is to both doublecheck my assessment here and hopefully kickstart some brainstorming about how Treebase NeXML could one day be augmented to form a MIAPA compliant format.  Any other comments welcome too.

Thanks again!
Elliott