**Candidates must be local to be considered for this position. No relo.**
The successful candidate will be part of a highly technical team that
provides engineering and administration for the company's WebSphere
Application Server environments. This team will work to ensure the
correct, timely and complete implementation of technology, and provide
sources of knowledge for quick resolutions to technical issues.
EDUCATION AND TYPICAL YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of 5 years of related technical support experience.
Minimum of 1-year prior lead or supervisory/training experience desired.
- Provide technical administration and support for web technology
during design, development, testing and implementation of business
- Administer the Websphere Application Server (authentication,
authorization and application deployment).
- Perform problem determination, performance tuning and monitoring
- Manage ongoing security requirements for Websphere Application Server.
- Provide reports and statistics on the operation of Websphere and
systems as required by management.
- Utilize and implement where necessary a variety of tools including
performance and monitoring tools.
- Create and maintain documentation & diagrams to support the
management of the Web server and Websphere environment.
- Research and correct security scan report issues related to
- Maintain and enhance vendor relationships to assist with product
knowledge and support
- Provides 24x7 on-call application server support.
- Research and design new technical solutions to improve and/or
- Participate in projects related to competency to ensure successful completion.
- Participate in short and long range ITS planning and engineering to
the highest level of reliability and serviceability possible for the
- Interface with other teams, both client and ITS as part of the
problem resolution and or business solution.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or > 3 years experience in some
form of UNIX administration in a large environment.
- Proficiency in UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience with Apache web server.
- Experience with IBM WebSphere administration.
- Experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft PIA's.
- Experience with BEA WebLogic.
- Experience with proxy servers, especially IBM Edge Proxy.
- Experience with building and deploying JAVA/J2EE applications.
- Certified JAVA programmer.
- Experience with load balancers, especially F5 BigIP.