World Avenue USA, LLC
Responsible for providing architectural and big picture oversight for the development of new or enhanced websites and related web products by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
To excel in this position candidate must have strong design and programming skills; experience architecting and implementing highly available and scalable fault tolerant services, and the ability to work proficiently in a Unix/Linux environment. Your responsibilities will include scoping and architecting new Web 2.0 functionality (environment where transactions generate content that is published, managed and used through network applications in a service-oriented architecture – like social networking).
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. He or she has strong OO design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web protocols, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture. Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, is critical.
- Designs complex solutions and specifications.
- Experienced in architecting and delivering solutions programmed in Java/J2EE, C and C++
- Experience architecting scalable middleware software or distributed systems enabling Web 2.0 functionality including some of the following features/techniques:
- rich Internet application techniques, often Ajax-based
- semantically valid XHTML and HTML markup
- microformats extending pages with additional semantics
- folksonomies (in the form of tags or tagclouds)
- Cascading Style Sheets to aid in the separation of presentation and content
- REST and/or XML- and/or JSON-based APIs
- syndication, aggregation and notification of data in RSS or Atom feeds
- mashups, merging content from different sources, client- and server-side
- weblog-publishing tools
- wiki or forum software, etc., to support user-generated content
- Specifies hardware/network components, specifies projects, cost and development recommendations.
- Monitors and enforces coding standards and acts effectively as a team leader in these regards.
- Resolves complex design issues.
- Provides leadership and direction in the development of short and long range plans.
- Collects, interprets, and prepares data for studies and recommendations.
- Coordinates activities with other departments, as needed.
- Furnishes professional advice to management and department heads.
- Makes presentations to committees, task forces, and others, as needed.
- Insures that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget.
- Prepares charts, tables, and logic diagrams needed in problem analysis.
- Counsels appropriate personnel on the implications of new or revised systems.
- Examines, reviews, and/or changes programs to adapt to changes in requirements or equipment configuration.
- Participates in Company or departmental planning sessions.
- When requested, contributes to other department workload deadlines and provides backup support for related positions as needed.
- Guides architectural Web design projects through the management of Web architecture teams.
- Oversee the integration of features designed by Web developers and Web designers.
- May direct the work efforts of managers and supervisors.
- Other duties that are within education and experience or the incumbent may be assigned for the betterment of the company.
- Team lead and project supervisory experience
- Expert knowledge of Java/J2EE, C and C++, MySQL DBMS, BASH Shell scripting, PERL, IP protocols, and Linux OS
- Knowledge of PHP is a plus
- Solid estimating skills
- Proven superior ability to learn how to effectively use new software/hardware tools
- Strong attention to detail and excellent numerical perception required
- Good verbal and written communication skills required/Ability to communicate complex design components to achieve uniform understanding across teams
- Team-oriented/Ability to collaborate with resources across multiple business functions
- Self-motivated/Solutions oriented
7+ years with Java/J2EE Technologies, experience developing high-volume ecommerce internet web applications
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from four-year college or university; and/or 7+ yrs minimum related experience. Additionally, experience in a Linux environment is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, behavior and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Contact Info: Erika Panapasa
Technical Recruiter at World Avenueepan...@adinfocenter.com