World Avenue USA, LLC
Job Title: JAVA J2EE Developer
We are looking to hire 10 full time (No contractors) JAVA J2EE developers in an Web Open source environment.
Since its inception in 2002, World Avenue has been a leading provider of performance-based interactive marketing solutions, specializing in lead generation and customer acquisition. Privately owned, profitable, debt-free and expanding, World Avenue makes its headquarters in Sunrise, Florida, and is listed by Nielsen/Net Ratings as one of the Top 25 online advertisers in the US.
We offer and very generous compensation and bonus plan.
Responsible for performing a variety of complex technical work in the development, preparation, and testing of computer programs by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Responsibilities will include scoping, designing and programming new Web 2.0 functionality (environment where transactions generate content that is published, managed and used through network applications in a service-oriented architecture – i.e. social networking).
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Designs complex programs and specifications.
- Develops analysis and design of systems and/or programs.
- Forms complete descriptions of all specifications required; additionally, develops common operations which can be reused.
- Programming in Java/J2EE, C and C++.
- Monitors and enforces coding standards and acts effectively as a team leader in these regards.
- Resolves complex programming difficulties.
- Produces, tests, and documents program code.
- Analyzes source and content of data.
- Prepares charts, tables, and logic diagrams needed in problem analysis.
- Examines, reviews, and/or changes programs to adapt to changes in requirements or equipment configuration.
- Uses experience with a variety of network technologies to lead internal and external clients with Internet-, intranet-, or extranet-based applications, including HTML, Java/J2EE, C, C++, PHP, multimedia applications, database interactions and data modeling tools.
- Researches, tracks and understands new web technologies to provide technical leadership in developing service applications and analyzing business requirements as they pertain to intranet and external Internet-related systems.
- Manages, develops, integrates and implements related applications components, including front-end development, server-side development and database integration.
- Experience building scalable middleware software or distributed systems enabling Web 2.0 functionality. Web 2.0 websites typically include some of the following features/techniques:
- rich Internet application techniques, often Ajax-based
- semantically valid XHTML and HTML markup
- microformats extending pages with additional semantics
- folksonomies (in the form of tags or tagclouds)
- Cascading Style Sheets to aid in the separation of presentation and content
- REST and/or XML- and/or JSON-based APIs
- syndication, aggregation and notification of data in RSS or Atom feeds
- mashups, merging content from different sources, client- and server-side
- weblog-publishing tools
- wiki or forum software, etc., to support user-generated content
- Ability to work proficiently in a Unix/Linux environment
- Strong design and programming skills
- Expert knowledge of Java/J2EE, C, C++, MySQL DBMS, BASH Shell scripting, PERL, IP protocols, and Linux OS
- Python is a plus.
- Experience architecting and implementing highly available and scalable fault tolerant services
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong OO design and implementation experience
- Strong knowledge of web protocols, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
- Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IP protocols
- Experience with Internet marketing and/or email marketing will be a plus
- Proven superior ability to learn how to effectively use new software/hardware tools
- Good verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from four-year college or university; and 5+ yrs minimum related experience. Additionally, experience in a Linux environment is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, behavior and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Email resume to: tter...@adinfocenter.com