Software developer responsible for the development, deployment and
support of new systems and major modifications to existing systems.
Develops quality software delivered within requested scope, standards
- Develops system solutions that meet both the quality standards and
timelines as determined by the customer. May be involved in lower
level coding, refactoring and documentation.
- Works closely with senior developers to implement software
solutions. Follows outlined software architecture provided.
- Documents system solutions using standard Design/Requirements
templates provided by the business analyst.
- Participates in team meetings, providing input and suggestions.
Works closely with project manager and business analyst to ensure
timely system delivery and adherence to all projects requirements.
- Follows rules of the organization using the employee handbook,
company tenants, and the WIT wiki to understand those rules.
- Completes necessary administrative documentation to track work
product and systems changes.
- Ensures smooth deployment of new systems and changes. Follows
specified change management process and documentation.
- Tests software using automated testing tools and techniques. Works
closely with quality assurance to remedy issues uncovered.
- Understanding of software development, especially in an Object
Oriented, Multi-Tier Environment.
- Understanding of both traditional software development lifecycles,
as well as agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge in the following areas: Java/J2EE or other enterprise
languages Tomcat/Oracle 10G/Weblogic Multi-Tier Application
development Portals Databases/Object Relational Mapping
development: HTML/CSS/Browser Object Oriented Analysis/Design (UML)
Frameworks (Struts/Spring) Software architecture (Design Patterns,
Software Lifecycle) Internet development (Protocols, Network
Architecture) Automated testing (J-Unit, Selenium, Mercury)
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
within the business units.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to adapt and overcome problems; must be able to multitask
and prioritize independently.
- Ability to take on new tasks and to adjust to an energetic,
continually evolving environment.
- Ability to attend to detail, follow through and ensure that managers
are informed of issues and status.
- Must have high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
Deals with a diverse group of important external and internal contacts
at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in I.T. or equivalent field experience.
- Experience in system support, or software development internships preferred.
- 1-2 years of working experience.