Re: Digest for mi-home-orchard@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic

Patrick B

Dec 5, 2019, 2:30:43 PM12/5/19
to mi-home...@googlegroups.com
This year deer stripped my trees, bugs and birds took care of the rest. Fencing is going in this winter, I'll use netting for the birds. Hopefully 2020 will be a better year for my apples. Dr. Kent recommended liberty a few years ago, they are great producers and taste wonderful.

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019, 5:01 PM <mi-home...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
John Trout <johntr...@gmail.com>: Dec 03 06:54PM -0800

Sure has been a while since I've posted here. With winter at the doorstep I thought I'd see if anyone had big plans for 2020. Me? Plant and graft more dwarf rootstocks to grow the orchard. G41 is my stock of choice, but it's a bit of a gamble because I don't have any mature in the orchard. B9 has done well here but it's a fireblight risk.
I'll update the new planting seeds on the YouTube channel soon. Getting a fresh start with the new year.
Kent Eddy <prof...@gmail.com>: Dec 04 08:55AM -0500

I got exactly one apple from my New Orchard this year. A nice big
Honeycrisp. I also lost 4 peach and one apple tree. So those need to be
replanted. I'm about planted out. I think I have enough apple trees now.
Next fall should produce about 200 gallons of cider by Dale and myself. The
cider press and homemade scratter worked flawlessly this fall. See Youtube
video (search for Prof.Kent on Youtube).

--
- Kent Eddy
Home: 989-689-6331

How's that new property coming along?

--
- Kent Eddy
Home: 989-689-6331
Mobile: 989-750-4446
Kettering Office: 810-762-9692
6700 Ehlers Road
Rhodes, MI 48652

Prof. Kent

Dec 5, 2019, 10:10:31 PM12/5/19
to MI Home Orchard
Seems I've been upgraded to "Dr."  Cool.
See if you can grow some Jonamacs and Jonagolds. Awesome eating apples.