Scion Wood for Spring of 2013

Brian Lynch

Jan 3, 2013, 7:36:28 PM1/3/13
to mi-home...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.

        Winter pruning isn't that far away, so soon my rubbish bins will be filling up with fruit tree branches. If anyone wants to take some of this trash off my hands, just shoot me an email with your address and the varieties you'd like.

--Brian

What's available:

Apples
    Albermarle Pippin
    Crimson Gala
    Ginger Gold
    Golden Delicious
    Granny Smith
    Jonagold De Coster
    Kumeu Crimson Braeburn
    Melrose
    Red Delicious (unknown strain)
    Rogers Red McIntosh
    Shizuka
    Spur Winter Banana
    Summer Rambo

Cherries
    Emperor Francis
    Ulster

Nectarines
    Flavortop
    Redgold
    Zephyr

Peaches
    Canadian Harmony
    Early Red Fre

Plums
    Bluebyrd
    Castleton
    Fortune
    Friar
    Green Gage
    Long John
    Methley
    President
    Queen Rosa
    Ruby Queen
    Santa Rosa
    Satsuma
    Shiro
    Stanley
    Valor
    Vanier
    Victory Plum
    Vision Plum
    Wickson

Pears
    Buerre Bosc
    Bartlett
    Buerre D'Anjou

Apricots
    Harogem
    Haralyne
    Harcot
    Moorpark

Pluots/Plumcots
    Flavor King
    Flavor Queen
    Flavorich (Graft after March 22, 2013 due to patent restrictions)

John and Annette Trout

Jan 14, 2013, 10:24:12 AM1/14/13
to mi-home...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Brian
I'll make a list soon as well.  Melrose and Summer Rambo caught my eye on your list.  We'll finalize soon when the pruning starts in earnest.

Prof. Kent

Jan 15, 2013, 12:46:25 PM1/15/13
to mi-home...@googlegroups.com
  Jonagold De Coster apple and Buerre Bosc and Buerre D'Anjou pears caught my eye. Save me some.  I have been grafting different varieties to my few pear trees to get some proper pollination. Some of my trees just don't flower. I found a good techical writeup of Jonagold De Coster here [ http://fls.cals.cornell.edu/OCRPDF/150.pdf ].

Thanks Brian!

John Trout

Feb 13, 2013, 1:10:29 PM2/13/13
to mi-home...@googlegroups.com
Anyone ever grafted a eating pear onto a Bradford?  I'm betting it will work.

Prof. Kent

Mar 15, 2013, 8:45:57 PM3/15/13
to mi-home...@googlegroups.com
I collected scionwood today. Anyone want some of the following?

Cortland
Wealthy
Honeycrisp
Turley Winesap
NovaEasygo
Richeleiu
Spigold
Jonagold
Macoun
Liberty
Sun Fuji

Prof. Kent

May 22, 2013, 12:33:52 AM5/22/13
to mi-home...@googlegroups.com
Brian,
Hey, I made a silly mistake. I thought Jonagold De Coster was a strange name for a pear...and I grafted it to a pear.
I'll have to see if I can save it.
- Kent

Jerry Coon

Feb 20, 2014, 6:53:35 PM2/20/14
to mi-home...@googlegroups.com
My name is Jerry and I live in Iona, Idaho zone 4.
I have scionwood for swap in the following varieties...

Golden russet, Red Astrachan, Early Cortland, Eve's delight, Earligold, Goodland, Westfiled seek no further
 I'd love the following from your post last year if you still have these available this year.
Albermarle Pippin
Ginger Gold
  Jonagold De Coster
  Melrose

  Shizuka
  Spur Winter Banana
  Summer Rambo

Happy to pay s& h if you don't want any from my list. Thanks

Kent Eddy

Feb 20, 2014, 7:09:11 PM2/20/14
to mi-home...@googlegroups.com
Or maybe that is for Brian Lynch?

Brian Lynch

Feb 20, 2014, 7:57:12 PM2/20/14
to mi-home...@googlegroups.com
Jerry:

      I should be able to get those for you, with the exception of possibly the
Spur Winter Banana which self destructed last year.

For anyone else, my "have available" list this year is as follows...

Japanese Plums

Bubblegum

Crimson Beauty

Duarte

Early Golden

Elephant Heart

Flavor Heart

Fortune

Friar

Kaga

Lavina

Methley

Obilnaja

Queen Rosa

Ruby Queen

Santa Rosa

Satusma

Shiro

Vanier

Wikson

European Plums

Blue Byrd

Castleton

Damson

Early Italian

Empress

Gras Romasesc

Green Gage

Kenmore

Kenmore

Long John

Long John

Mt. Royal

President

Rosy Gage

Seneca

Stanley

Valor

Victory

Vision

Plum/Apricot Crosses

Flavor King

Flavor Queen

Flavorich

European Pears

Bartlett

Beurre D’anjou

Buerre Bosc

Golden Russet Bosc

Magness

Potomac

Red Clapps

Shenandoah

Sunrise

Apricots

Apache

Chinese

Gold bar

Gold Strike

Goldcot

Haralyne

Harcot

Hargrand

Harogem

Jersecot

Moorpark

Perfection

Rival

Tilton

Apples

Albermarle Pippin
Crimson Gala
Ginger Gold
Golden Delicious
Granny Smith
Jonagold De Coster
Kumeu Crimson Braeburn
Melrose
Red Delicious (unknown strain)
Rogers Red McIntosh
Shizuka

Summer Rambo

John and Annette Trout

Feb 22, 2014, 11:27:56 PM2/22/14
to mi-home...@googlegroups.com
Wow, Brian.  You've been sticking some roots in the ground.  Nice job.