A Suprise this morning

Greyphase

Jun 13, 2014, 2:10:43 PM6/13/14
to mi-home...@googlegroups.com
As I was checking out my nursery trees this morning I found this Court Pendu Plat graft on B118 rootstock "waking up". My records show that I had grafted it on April 1 and it took until today June 13 to open. Last year I had a similar occurrence with a Red Limbertwig that took just about as long to open but is now doing fine.  So don't give up too soon on those sleeping grafts, they just might fool you.

Sorry for the huge pic.

Rick

Prof. Kent

Jun 24, 2014, 2:27:40 AM6/24/14
to mi-home...@googlegroups.com
I think some grafts just take more time to heal, or possibly the primary buds are dead and the secondary leaf buds need to mature.
I've had some "late bloomers" also this year.
- Kent