In memory index

Valentin Tablan

Jan 7, 2014, 9:18:16 AM1/7/14
to mg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm thinking about implementing an in-RAM live index, which can serve
searches whilst is being constructed. The obvious thing would be to
extend the Index abstract class, however, the constructor for that
requires things like the number of documents and number of terms. That
makes sense in a read-only index, but for a live index, these values
would change over time.

Does this mean that the Index class is unsuitable for this type of usage?

Thanks,
Valentin

Sebastiano Vigna

Jan 7, 2014, 12:53:01 PM1/7/14
to mg...@googlegroups.com
Ehm. This is one of the situations where having a method would have been that having a field. Let me think about it.

Ciao,

seba