Indri-style query evaluation in MG4J

Mohamed Yahya

Apr 11, 2014, 9:54:06 AM4/11/14
to mg...@googlegroups.com
Is there an implementation of Indri-style querying on top of MG4J. I am considering using MG4J but need Indri-style querying with belief and term operators, with appropriate scoring for each. Is there an implementation of this on top of MG4J.

Sebastiano Vigna

Apr 13, 2014, 4:45:14 AM4/13/14
to mg...@googlegroups.com
On 11 Apr 2014, at 3:54 PM, Mohamed Yahya <yahya....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there an implementation of Indri-style querying on top of MG4J. I am considering using MG4J but need Indri-style querying with belief and term operators, with appropriate scoring for each. Is there an implementation of this on top of MG4J.

No, but I guess it is easy to write one using the visitor pattern.

Ciao,

seba

Mohamed Yahya

Apr 24, 2014, 8:02:08 AM4/24/14
to mg...@googlegroups.com, vi...@di.unimi.it
Can you please elaborate. As an example, I need to evaluate the query "albert einstein" with result documents having the following score:
Score("albert einstein") = w1 * score(albert) + w2*score(einstein) + w3 ((albert einstein)~1) -- the last is a proximity query.

I guess I would need to:
1- create a custom parser (a parser emits a Query)
2- add a Scorer on top of each term (how would this combine with the output of the parser, which I guess would emit a MultiTerm query?)
3- use the LinearAggregator to combine scores from the different Scorers with the appropriate.

I guess the confusion comes from 1 and 2.

Thanks.