Back to Cromemco ...

cro memcos

May 9, 2021, 11:59:44 AMMay 9
to MFM Discuss
So well it has been over 4 years since my last posting !!

Now fully /country moved/ I have time to start using Cromemco systems via  David's excellent emulator.

This is initial post with summary findings so far   (after about 10 online hours using Davids emulator checking before posting this ....)

I'm using a Cromemco 68020 system XXU with the last fastest STDX Disk controller

In 2016 all worked fine at code level MFM emulator code level 1.10

But there were some issues at the then later 1.18 code level
notably with the mfm_util command.

Now in 2021 I'm using code level 2.34

The issues with mfm_util --analyze still persist

But now a much stronger problem ....

Any newly initialised disk file, cannot be used  (at code level 2.34) under Cromix
once booted [from an alternative disk that I made in 2016]

Example command line ..

./mfm_emu --initialize --file /cromemco/disk/D47.C500.H16.transfer.hdd --heads 16 --cylinders 500 --drive 1

I want to post more detail, but the polite question is do I do it here, or do I put it on

Please reply and I will copy paste the actual initialisation issues as a start

thanks m

David Gesswein

May 9, 2021, 1:28:14 PMMay 9
to mfm-d...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, May 09, 2021 at 08:59:44AM -0700, cro memcos wrote:

> I want to post more detail, but the polite question is do I do it here, or
> do I put it on
> https://github.com/dgesswein/mfm/issues

Most poeple just post to the list but if you like github issues thats
fine also.