Konan David Junior II, 210 and 301

Per Mårtensson

Oct 18, 2023, 10:49:12 AM10/18/23
to MFM Discuss
Hi David

I runned into a "new" controller card again.

Its a Konan David Junior II but a newer edition with a Z80 instead of Intel CPU.
The card I have is a DJ_II_301, i cant find any documentation for it but it seems to match DJ_II_210 card. Manual can be found here https://git.sweproj.com/ABC80/catnet/src/master/docs/R-DS2-301-B_Konan_DJ_210_Reference_Manual_198510.pdf

I made a try to implement a decoder for it and it seems too work but since Im not a developer i will not make a push request for it. So if you like you can download a diff here https://git.sweproj.com/ABC80/abcdrive/src/master/abcdrive/diff_mfm_konan_dj_ii_301 and implement it after you have nicefied it

Per

David Gesswein

Oct 19, 2023, 8:55:46 PM10/19/23
to mfm-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update.

Started to merge it but it looks like the CRC wasn't filled in for the
header. Do you have example images available or could you upload to
http://www.pdp8online.com/upload/abuploadab.html

+ {0,0,0,0},{0,0x5140c101,32,6}, CONT_MODEL,
The 0,0,0,0 says ignore the header CRC.

Per Mårtensson

Oct 21, 2023, 1:50:56 AM10/21/23
to MFM Discuss
Hi David

Uploaded the image, please observer this drive have been reformated, so the last part is just rubbish and might not even be from this controller, some where around cyl 480 it will generate error (as expected)

Thanks so much again for providing this really good solution

Per

David Gesswein

Oct 21, 2023, 8:27:36 PM10/21/23
to mfm-d...@googlegroups.com
Code released. Thanks.

Added 8 bit XOR for header check. Let me know if you find any issues.